Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So apparently Raj Nair's "not good" and "that is horrrible" comments were related to the steering feel in normal mode and the medium to hard braking ability. I am glad that he said in sport mode, that steering feel was perfect, as that is what I figured I'd have it in all the time. Can't wait for next week for the final episode to see how they fixed the brakes, steering, and exhaust.

Dat drift @ 5:00 though! Tires got toasted.

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
Jürgen Gagstatter sure has a death grip on the Oh, Sh*t bar!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Love it. I also love that Raj, even tho 80% of the Car was good, told them to get off their ass and make fix the rest of the Stuff. Thats what this sort of cars is all about: Make them once in a while, but when you do, go all out with them. And I am kinda relieved that the Car does have the RWD feel to it as stated in the video - awesome!

Yeah, AWD Drifts are gona be alot of fun :cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
After seeing this video I'm more convinced to always be in Sport Mode like I am with my FoST.

It is concerning that the steering and brakes are noted as having issues but I know that the development team will have these items sorted.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
After seeing this video I'm more convinced to always be in Sport Mode like I am with my FoST.

It is concerning that the steering and brakes are noted as having issues but I know that the development team will have these items sorted.

steering is probably an algorithm adjustment, not a big issue there and the brakes could be as simple as using a different pad compound.
I'm more concerned that they want more burbles at the expense of efficiency. I love cracks and pops, but Im guessing aftermarket tunes may want to get rid of it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
steering is probably an algorithm adjustment, not a big issue there and the brakes could be as simple as using a different pad compound.
I'm more concerned that they want more burbles at the expense of efficiency. I love cracks and pops, but Im guessing aftermarket tunes may want to get rid of it.
As far as I know it has a separat inlet into the exhaust where it can drop a tiny bit of fuel to create those cracks and pops.

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
I thought of that also and would want a definite tone from the exhaust but not anything up over the top and Honda ricey.

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
Dear Raj, please do NOT attempt this with the FoRS!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Cool to see the key fob gets a unique RS badge!

RS Key Fob.PNG

I think @5:20 when Raj starts complaining about something in Normal mode, I know he mentioned the on center steering feel later, but his hand was waving up and down like he was complaining about the ride quality. What do you guys think? I know this thing is going to ride stiff, but hopefully will still be daily drive-able? After hearing the spring rates are up 33% front and 38% rear over the ST and the tire pressures are recommended to be 46psi, I'm a bit concerned about my back! LOL.

I'm also still unclear about what he was referring to as horrible, maybe the sound quality and the pops and burbles he referred to? because it sounded like he has just come off of WOT.

·
Registered
213 Posts
After hearing the spring rates are up 33% front and 38% rear over the ST and the tire pressures are recommended to be 46psi, I'm a bit concerned about my back! LOL.
There must be something wrong with that 46psi recommended pressure. The max inflation for the PSS in the 235/35/19 size is 50psi.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool to see the key fob gets a unique RS badge!

View attachment 2326

I think @5:20 when Raj starts complaining about something in Normal mode, I know he mentioned the on center steering feel later, but his hand was waving up and down like he was complaining about the ride quality. What do you guys think? I know this thing is going to ride stiff, but hopefully will still be daily drive-able? After hearing the spring rates are up 33% front and 38% rear over the ST and the tire pressures are recommended to be 46psi, I'm a bit concerned about my back! LOL.

I'm also still unclear about what he was referring to as horrible, maybe the sound quality and the pops and burbles he referred to? because it sounded like he has just come off of WOT.
I believe the "horrible" comment was directed towards the braking issues. It looked as though they had just exited a curve after a fairly long straight, so I assumed he was doing some heavy braking before the curve

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
I like hearing negative feedback from Ford leadership to the PD team. Keep kicking their a#% to get it right. The typically feedback, at least what is released to the public, is always positive spin. Raj, keep the pressure on the the team to deliver a market leader.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like hearing negative feedback from Ford leadership to the PD team. Keep kicking their a#% to get it right. The typically feedback, at least what is released to the public, is always positive spin. Raj, keep the pressure on the the team to deliver a market leader.
This. Im glad Raj didn't sign off on that car, the development team will have fixed the issues and Raj should be happy :D

·
Registered
558 Posts
First of the videos that felt like it actually had some substance. Kudos to Ford for allowing us to see the shortcomings and errors that are part of any development process.

Of course we know Ford solved these issues or they wouldn't have let this info out, but it's interesting that they didn't get caught until Raj drove it for the final signoff - these are major shortcomings that he discovers about brake pedal response and off-centre steering feel in normal drive mode. Why did none of the myriad of test drivers and engineers not pick up on these weaknesses? Doesn't speak too highly of Ford's evaluation processes.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
You do realize it was a scripted video ? It is like the build up to the final episode #8, which will have a Hallmark ending :D

YMMV,

MidCow3
I doubt it was entirely scripted as it puts the development team in a pretty poor light, not finding those major problems before the big boss comes in for the final signoff. Heads should roll.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Ford's 8 Episode Fantasy- Did you really think Ford was giving you inside Scoop ?

I doubt it was entirely scripted as it puts the development team in a pretty poor light, not finding those major problems before the big boss comes in for the final signoff. Heads should roll.
It is an eight episode scripted story, PERIOD. Nothing more, nothing less episode #7 is the "anti-climax" to build suspense . Hear the drum roll!

Ford entertainment at its best! Think about it, ''Would Ford put out any negative comments ?" unless it were a planned controlled environment which they would achieve and get the desired results ???

It is Marketing 101 , and this Marketing is to pull in the enthusiasts to get their buy-in that Ford is their confidant partner and is letting them in on the inside dirty scoop. ......Apparently, it is working ...it hooked at least one person ...probably a lot of RS Forum readers.

Ford had the problems solved before they ever put together video #1.

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
418 Posts
I would be more in line with carefully edited, than well scripted. These guys are engineers and execs, not actors. Had they been scripted, it would have been quite obvious.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It is an eight episode scripted story, PERIOD. Nothing more, nothing less episode #7 is the "anti-climax" to build suspense . Hear the drum roll!

Ford entertainment at its best! Think about it, ''Would Ford put out any negative comments ?" unless it were a planned controlled environment which they would achieve and get the desired results ???

It is Marketing 101 , and this Marketing is to pull in the enthusiasts to get their buy-in that Ford is their confidant partner and is letting them in on the inside dirty scoop. ......Apparently, it is working ...it hooked at least one person ...probably a lot of RS Forum readers.

Ford had the problems solved before they ever put together video #1.

YMMV,

MidCow3
Not buying this - they still look like amateurs here, not catching major problems until they were discovered at the last minute by the uber-boss makes them look unprofessional and incompetent. Not my idea of good publicity, but as you always say, YMMV....

Now obviously if these problems were never solved, Ford would have not released the video, so they have shaped the narrative to that extent.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts