Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Why are they saying 2017?
You see some wacky stuff on those early marketing banners. This one also says "in excess of 315HP". I wouldn't worry about it.

Jim

·
Registered
555 Posts
Do like the rear lights:cool:

Believe being the 2016MY cars are on most lots, Ford didn't want consumers disappointed when they run down to the dealer expecting see one. So by labeling them 2017 puts them at bay.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lucky! Wish they brought the black one to Tampa, FL, but at least I still got to see the white one. I wanted to just sit in it and never get out lol.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I just got back from the show, it was great to see the car in person finally.
I was surprised by how monster truckish the car looked from the side, but how low the actual front clearance was behind the spoiler
when I sat in the st with power seats I absolutely loved them, the power lumbar really helped the fit for me. overall the st seats with full leather felt 5x more comfortable than the sti seats in the launch edition. the st shifter was so much smoother than the sti, was actually smoother than the 370z in my opinion which surprised me.

I will withhold my comments on the shadow black... because I don't want to get anyone defensive.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I was surprised by how monster truckish the car looked from the side, but how low the actual front clearance was behind the spoiler...
Can you explain more what "monster truckish" means, please?

Jim

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Can you explain more what "monster truckish" means, please?

Jim
from the side, the car looks just as high off the floor as the ST
and it appears to have rake where the front sits lower than the rear
may have been a preproduction thing. I did not see the shock adjustment on the end of the turn stalk.
it did have the exhaust flappy valve, but maybe the shocks were something else.
at any rate, I had hoped it would sit more level looking, more level gaps between front and rear wheel wells ya know?
front is low as hell. rear looks jacked up like a farm truck (but so does the ST)
Id guess there are spots up front where there is only 5" of clearance. certainly not enough to clear most fury creatures crossing the road

there was a black Fist next to the black RS and the two were too close in appearance to distinguish from one other unless you are a fairly knowledgeable car person. and the black showed finger prints and scratches. without the metallic in it I think I would go insane trying to keep it looking good.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I also went to the show and I could not be more happy that I went with Shadow Black. It's perfect. I can understand people saying it doesn't make the car stand out and it's probably true compared to the other colors but the car looks classy and that's what I want. It's such nice contrast with the blue calipers and LED lights.

One other comment is that I absolutely loved the forged wheels. I didn't order them because I figured I would just choose my own after market rims and get ones I really loved but now I am sort of dissapointed I didn't get these. Pictures don't do the wheels justice. Here is an extremely fast walk around I took. I had already left the show and ran back in to get this real quick so I was basically power walking but it's the best I got.

https://vid.me/MqXP

·
Registered
132 Posts
Without the metallic in it I think I would go insane trying to keep it looking good.
This I agree with. Even though the paint is pearl it was barely noticeable on the car and it will not help the black from looking dirty which I was a little dissapointed in. I'm gonna have to get a monthly car wash subscription but it will be worth it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
19 Participants
Flyingpig
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing