Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Below is the setting in the DSP.
View attachment 358064

My default setting was 0491. Current setting is 0996. It had the best balance of working fade and loudness adjustability.

This made my day 😆
I did this mod on Saturday, changed it to 0996, and my sound system really came to life. Before if I played with the fader, the rear speakers were barely working and the fader effectively did nothing except turn down the front.

Now I have full sound with some depth to it - much more pleasurable to listen to.

Thanks!

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. Ive looked for the DSP module in Forscan - It aint there....I have the ACM module which disabled the FENG no problem, but the fader is still an issue - I dunno if the setting is in another module perhaps - so looking for guidance on that...

Ive updated the factory speakers with the Powerbass OEM upgrade (50W total front to 120W, 25W rear to 120W, both 60W RMS) with an Alpine A55 1100 W 4 channel amp and Im not seeing much output from the rears as I suspect they are underdriven (had plenty of sound out of the 25W rears with the amp gain increased - replaced rear speakers last). I reckon I really need to make this fader change to equalise the rears with the fronts from a head unit perspective as I've had to use high input on the amp due to output from the head unit on the fronts.

Get that going, and the system will be great - added a Kicker 2 x 10 downfiring sub into the boot and bass is no longer a problem. Do have some clarity issues with vocals though which I suspect is head unit related...but nothing is perfect.

Thanks for the cheese.

LB

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hello all. Ive looked for the DSP module in Forscan - It aint there....I have the ACM module which disabled the FENG no problem, but the fader is still an issue - I dunno if the setting is in another module perhaps - so looking for guidance on that...

Ive updated the factory speakers with the Powerbass OEM upgrade (50W total front to 120W, 25W rear to 120W, both 60W RMS) with an Alpine A55 1100 W 4 channel amp and Im not seeing much output from the rears as I suspect they are underdriven (had plenty of sound out of the 25W rears with the amp gain increased - replaced rear speakers last). I reckon I really need to make this fader change to equalise the rears with the fronts from a head unit perspective as I've had to use high input on the amp due to output from the head unit on the fronts.

Get that going, and the system will be great - added a Kicker 2 x 10 downfiring sub into the boot and bass is no longer a problem. Do have some clarity issues with vocals though which I suspect is head unit related...but nothing is perfect.

Thanks for the cheese.

LB
If you’re in Australia, I don’t think the RS came with an amp or FENG. I could be wrong. The stock Sony amp is the DSP. So if you don’t have one you’ll need another method to turn up the gain for the rear speakers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Indeed there is no separate amp, dsp or subwoofer on Australian cars (mine anyway). I was hoping there was a hidden setting in the APIM module I'd be able to adjust the fader. No big deal, sounds pretty good now. If it really starts annoying me Ill just disconnect the rear inputs to the amp and use front inputs only. Amp should then be able to control rear gain.

Regards LB

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Indeed there is no separate amp, dsp or subwoofer on Australian cars (mine anyway). I was hoping there was a hidden setting in the APIM module I'd be able to adjust the fader. No big deal, sounds pretty good now. If it really starts annoying me Ill just disconnect the rear inputs to the amp and use front inputs only. Amp should then be able to control rear gain.

Regards LB
Yep we don't get the amp or sub here it's not just yours!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts