Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I own a race red 2018 focus Rs.
And over the past year or so it has spent most of its time broken; a bent control arms due to an insane pot hole, a wreck at about 40-50mph, faulty steering rack, multiple issues caused do to how the towing company towed the car, as well as a front driver side strut that collapsed (which was at fault of the ford house that replaced the steering rack) and ever since then the car has had multiple minor issues and just doesn’t drive/feel the same and I feel myself slowly getting tired of the issues that keep coming up as I fix one thing after another. Should I just consider getting a new vehicle, or tough it out and fix the car as the issues appear?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I mean, it’s entirely up to you, however you do own a rare ‘18 LE RR & very few have one, so I think it’s a special car. Are you wanting to stay in a performance car or just get into an economical commuter? SUV? Since you bought your ‘18 LE RR in late 2018, now might be a good time to sell it since the market is hot & you still have over a year left on the 3/36.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely stay in the performance market, it’s just this car was a dream car for me and I managed to get it myself when I was 19 so it is very special to me. But it is my daily and my only vehicle so the issues can get a bit annoying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hitting insane potholes, a darn fast 'wreck', a crap towing company, and bad technicians are not 'RS issues'

The steering rack is.

I feel your pain though, cars are more fun when they're not broken . . .
Oh yeah of course, I don’t blame the car, I’ve just had a string of bad luck which led to smaller issues occurring. It is a bummer since I do really love this car.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Hey all, I own a race red 2018 focus Rs.
And over the past year or so it has spent most of its time broken; a bent control arms due to an insane pot hole, a wreck at about 40-50mph, faulty steering rack, multiple issues caused do to how the towing company towed the car, as well as a front driver side strut that collapsed (which was at fault of the ford house that replaced the steering rack) and ever since then the car has had multiple minor issues and just doesn’t drive/feel the same and I feel myself slowly getting tired of the issues that keep coming up as I fix one thing after another. Should I just consider getting a new vehicle, or tough it out and fix the car as the issues appear?
Anything can be fixed by a good shop.
Your “seat of the pants feel” can be tricky. It can cause havoc in your head. I’m not saying anything, I’m just saying....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I really appreciate it, it’ll probably be more expensive if I got a new vehicle rather than just fix this one. I appreciate the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts