Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accessport is showing my car is idling at ~43AFR. I have it flashed with a mountune map, I flashed the OTC Cobb stage 2+ and it still registers the same AFR. I uninstalled the Accessport and reinstalled with the mountune flash. It's not throwing any codes, it's not making any strange sounds when throttling and it's not idling weird. I would think that it would sound terrible at that ratio.

Most recently I had a downpipe installed, I was not able to do it myself. I checked the connections and vaccum hoses I would know they would need to disconnect to get to it and I dont see anything obvious.

I checked the sensors on the intake and the vaccum line going to the recirculation valve, all looks fine.

Below is my current engine mod list:
Mountune intake
Mountune intercooler
Scorpion catless downpipe
ETS exhaust
Mountune air-recirculation valve
Mountune rear motor mount

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That's so incredibly lean I doubt it would be able to run. You certainly would notice it not running right. It seems as though it's not reading right for whatever reason. O2 sensor issues maybe? Weird it's not throwing a code.

Edit - just saw you had the downpipe installed. It's definitely an 02 sensor. They either forgot to hook it up, or broke it installing it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's so incredibly lean I doubt it would be able to run. You certainly would notice it not running right. It seems as though it's not reading right for whatever reason. O2 sensor issues maybe? Weird it's not throwing a code.

Edit - just saw you had the downpipe installed. It's definitely an 02 sensor. They either forgot to hook it up, or broke it installing it.

I dont think it would crank at that ration

I'm up for a 40k mile service. I'm gonna have the dealership check everything systematically and replace the O2 sensors.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I dont think it would crank at that ration

I'm up for a 40k mile service. I'm gonna have the dealership check everything systematically and replace the O2 sensors.

Thanks for the reply
It would be the first sensor and could be as simple as forgetting to be plugged in. It's running fine because it's in closed loop but I certainly would drive it as minimal as possible and baby the hell out of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be the first sensor and could be as simple as forgetting to be plugged in. It's running fine because it's in closed loop but I certainly would drive it as minimal as possible and baby the hell out of it.

Do you happen to know how many sensors there are?

I know there's one on the down pipe, and that would be terrible to try to get to with it installed.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I'm not 100%, but should be two in the downpipe, one pre and one post the cat. The 2nd one just checks to see if the cat is working properly, which is why it would most likely be the first.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Is it reading anything at all, or just 43 even. If even, it's a stronger case for o2 sensor as its just showing its max value.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it reading anything at all, or just 43 even. If even, it's a stronger case for o2 sensor as its just showing its max value.

Looking into it and it looks like a pain in the ass to replace. Going to call and get an appointment tomorrow to have it replaced and checked for vaccum and exhaust leaks on the downpipe.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Make the guy who installed your downpipe check out the o2 sensor?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts