Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, you may have noticed that the factory Ford Focus RS B & C Pillar Trim Panels scratch like crazy. Our 2017 RS came from the dealer with swirl marks galore. They are also not very interesting to look at. You can now turn these blemished panels into a showpiece with the Carbon Fiber Accent Panel Kit by Tufskinz. This trim kit is 100% real carbon fiber and backed with an industrial strength 3M backing tape for years of beauty.

Use Coupon code: CARBON10 to get 10% off our Carbon fiber accent kits. We can also work out a group buy, so if there are 20-25 people who are interested, we can offer 20% off and work with the manufacturer to save you guys some more cash.

Tufskinz Carbon Fiber B & C Pillar Accent Kit for the Ford Focus RS
ford2-cropped.jpg fordside-cropped.jpg ford3-cropped.jpg

·
Registered
310 Posts
Maybe I missed it but what is the difference between the raw and domed options?

Also why did they leave that hole in the gas cap one? Totally ruins it for me.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

Assuming it's because of the small indentation and the difficulty of getting the CF overlay to fit perfectly?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Hey Skraight, The domed glossy option has more resin and a "domed" like profile and is glossy. The Raw Carbon has a very fine layer of resin and is essentially just the carbon fiber, giving it a less "shiny" finish please see the attached image. I will go and update the site to display these differences.

These are pieces for a different vehicle, but it should illustrate the difference between "domed glossy" and "raw"
IMG_9499.JPG IMG_9501.JPG domed-glossy-vs-raw-carbon-fiber.jpg

As for the hole in the fuel door cover, its because there is a dip "indentation" in that little circle. We were trying to find the best way to cover that up, but it ended up looking weird. One option would be to create an extra "circle" piece that can be fitted in there, but then it breaks up the continuity of the carbon.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey Focused23, we are currently in the development stage. We should have them in a few weeks. I will post to this thread and send you a PM as soon as I hear more.
much appreciated. what type of protection would you recommend on these for long term care?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
much appreciated. what type of protection would you recommend on these for long term care?
@Focused23 In terms of long term care, they are honestly extremely durable and do not require any maintenance other than just cleaning them off when you are washing the rest of the car. They also come with a 3 year manufacturer warranty.
We have been selling similar products with this material for 2 years now on another vehicle and we haven't had a single warranty claim. We gotcha covered if you run into any problems :)

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll wait to see how the mirror flags turn out as I'd rather do them all
Sounds good, I will keep you updated on that. We just got a confirmation that the first batches should be available next week! Also we currently have 7 people interested in the group buy for the B & C Pillar Kit.

- Mickey

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll wait to see how the mirror flags turn out as I'd rather do them all
Hey Focused,

We just received tracking for the mirror flag kit. As soon as it updates, i will know an exact time of when we should have the first one available. I am thinking Wednesday. Ill keep you updated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
How about another Group Buy or Forum Discount.
I'm ready for a whole set.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts