1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yeeep. Not cheap but evos are more money and STIS are a little less.

Loaded is gonna put this thing over 52k though lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My GT was about 45k MSRP. With employee pricing I scored it for around 40k. I don't think these will sell well in Canada.

Is the RS2 package standard in Canada?

I am still interested though. Planning on purchasing next year in the summer. It is either a RS or a used SVT Raptor. Not getting rid of my GT

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm still in it until I can either get one or get told no. I enjoy having non common cars and the limited production plus this price tag should eliminate 99% of the population up here haha.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm still in it until I can either get one or get told no. I enjoy having non common cars and the limited production plus this price tag should eliminate 99% of the population up here haha.
I am sure you will find one. I hope we can get x-plan on these. Make sure you get costco NOW, so you can use the $1k discount in the future.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have Costco card. Don't know if they'll honor that for this car though haha. I don't even know what xplan is, to be honest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought a Fiesta ST yesterday and both ST's only come with a $500 Costco rebate. I'd have to assume at best the same goes for the RS

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
From a sales bulletin:

"Ford Performance engineers worked closely with Michelin to develop high-performance 235/35 R19 Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires to complement the driving dynamics of the Focus RS. Ford Performance engineers have also approved the Michelin 225/40R18 Pilot Alpin PA4 winter tires and developed an 18" RS alloy wheel for cold weather applications. In Canada, a winter tire/wheel package will be standard equipment on the Focus RS and will be shipped separately to the dealership."

"The Focus RS is a German-built fully-equipped high performance AWD compact car that is competitively priced with its competition. In Canada, the Focus RS in Canada will be offered in one fully-equipped orderable configuration with no free-standing options, except for the chargeable Nitrous Blue Quad-Coat paint. The RS MSRP is $46969 plus $1600 D&D and $100 Federal A/C tax. The Nitrous Blue Quad-Coat paint has a $995 MSRP. The $46,969 MSRP includes heated power Recaro leather seats, heated mirrors, heated steering wheel, SYNC 3 with Navigation, Sony Audio System with 10 speakers with SiriusXM radio, Power Moonroof, RS Car Cover, 19" Premium Painted Forged Alloy wheels, 19" Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 summer tires, Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 18" Winter Tire & RS Alloy Wheel Package (this winter tire/wheel package is shipped separately to the dealership) plus a whole lot more. A complete Order Guide and Price List will be published to dealers in the near future."

Competition (not fully typed out due to length):
Subaru WRX STi Sport Tech $45,395 MSRP ($47,376 after freight/PDI, ac tax)
VW Golf R Technology Package $42,010 MSRP (not including freight/PDI, ac tax)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo MR $51,998 MSRP
Audi S3 Sedan Technik Trim $53,050 MSRP
BMW M235i xDrive Premium $53,450 MSRP
MB CLA 45 AMG 4MATIC $59,600 MSRP

·
Registered
561 Posts
Oh snap. You just made me a happy man. I figured 47~ was for a base model. As much as I didn't want the sun roof the rest I did, so I'm very excited to be staying under 50!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh snap. You just made me a happy man. I figured 47~ was for a base model. As much as I didn't want the sun roof the rest I did, so I'm very excited to be staying under 50!
You'll be even happier after reading my post above. As far as I can tell, the RS is priced competitively with the top trim STi (with an added premium of about $1500 or so on top) and according to the sales bulletin, you'll get a car cover and RS alloy winter wheels + michelin PA4s (in addition to the forged wheels with pilot sport cup 2). The STi, however, does have some safety tech like blindspot monitoring / cross traffic alert, as well as a windshield wiper deicer, that the RS doesn't have.

The RS is still the better car by far, never mind the fluff bits.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Glad I got my deposit back. That is too much for a cheap car. What I mean by cheap is the material used to make it. ****ty dash cheap plastic tinny doors. Sure it will be cool.. for awhile then like the ST wear thin. For that money there are good deals on used M3's or C63 AMG which will have a much nicer fit and finish. Set of winter tires and you are set. The Golf R is also much better finished than the Focus just saying. So had my deposit in at Advantage Ford in Calgary if you want my spot call them

·
Registered
561 Posts
I think for the performance (power) and AWD, being a sedan there aren't many other choices out there. It basically has everything I need. Didn't want to go over 45 but I can spring it if it's loaded plus getting a free set of winters etc. omnom.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'll take it however they give it to me.. Hopefully in Nitrous Blue, I too have a good relationship with my Ford dealer and I'm hoping I can get into a RS this spring... If not I guess I'll hold on to the Fusion for another year and get a year 2 RS if I must.. But my sights are really set on a year 1 RS. There is alot of Lancer and WRX guys around here that need to be put in their place!! Haha

1 - 20 of 153 Posts
About this Discussion
152 Replies
38 Participants
Biz
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing