Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm really interested in rallying a 2016 Focus RS up in Canada but I'd like to first know a little more about the AWD system.

I understand it has a clutch pack type rear differential with 70% torque split to the rear. Does anybody know what kind of centre differential the system uses? Also the front differential? I'm guessing it must be something which can be electronically controlled.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
There is a detailed thread on Fordrsnation where a software engineer for the car describes the awd system, I'll let you read that instead of repeating what he said.

AWD Questions

Hey guys,

I'm really interested in rallying a 2016 Focus RS up in Canada but I'd like to first know a little more about the AWD system.

I understand it has a clutch pack type rear differential with 70% torque split to the rear. Does anybody know what kind of centre differential the system uses? Also the front differential? I'm guessing it must be something which can be electronically controlled.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Gte, can you ask scoob how the rs awd handles snow driving? After reading i was getting a tad sad but then his thoughts on how the rs drives and its awd feel vs his subie experience makes me feel better. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Based on his comments, he has no first hand experience on how it drives in the snow (at least not yet)

It has a lot of good information in it

Gte, can you ask scoob how the rs awd handles snow driving? After reading i was getting a tad sad but then his thoughts on how the rs drives and its awd feel vs his subie experience makes me feel better. Thanks for the link!

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts