Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got an Anonymous tip that the RS should be arriving Down Under in Late March 2016. This is about a month after they are slated to hit US soil. Check it out below:

Anon said:
It is confirmed that 1st 2016 Ford RS will arrive in late March 2016 and should have them in showrooms the 1st or second week in April.

These will be in Very Limited Numbers most dealers [receiving] these cars have marked them as DEMO.
It's Ford special promo shipment for Press and Dealers Cars and to [gauge] interest......

Most dealers will only permit test drives for Staff and those who have place deposits or they [view] to be genuine buyers as they do not want every hoon coming in to waste there time and kill the demo car as they will not get any more until late June
Let's hope that these dates are right and that you Aussies will be sliding sideways come March!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Whilst seeing a demo in March would be fantastic - I'd take that timeline with a pinch of salt as nothing from the dealer / Ford Aus has indicated anything earlier than mid-2016 to see the first one on Aus.

I really hope I'm wrong and we do get to see one in the flesh in a few months.

·
Registered
282 Posts
We got an Anonymous tip that the RS should be arriving Down Under in Late March 2016. This is about a month after they are slated to hit US soil. Check it out below:

Let's hope that these dates are right and that you Aussies will be sliding sideways come March!
I have personnel spoken to who I think it may be this person's information has Always been 100% correct

I'd bet my balls and all future fast rides on this person's info after chatting with long time friend over the phone I'm glad that I've placed an order so my wife and I can have a test/tease drive as by then I'd be turbo carless for at least 3 months

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Given the date and the term 'very limited numbers' I would bet that the dealers that have one won't have it long as it would be on rotation. I am looking forward to the press getting their hands on one and writing up the results. It surely will provoke further interest, but supply no doubt will be the ongoing issue for many who have not jumped in already. As for guaging interest, ahhh, I think they know already..............

·
Registered
895 Posts
I ordered one of the 'allocated' cars to my local dealer, he said if I didn't get an allocated car I'd probably have to wait at least 12 months, I believe this will be the case. Remember when the 86/BRZ hit the scene, the waiting lists were massive and the Focus RS in my mind is a substantially better car for a bit more cash.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I ordered one of the 'allocated' cars to my local dealer, he said if I didn't get an allocated car I'd probably have to wait at least 12 months, I believe this will be the case. Remember when the 86/BRZ hit the scene, the waiting lists were massive and the Focus RS in my mind is a substantially better car for a bit more cash.
If you ordered an allocated car then you should receive. That is, as long as you have placed a deposit and you have the necessary documentation and as long as the allocated amount of cars to that dealer is proven. In my case, my dealer showed me the screen re the allocation and the stock number. It would be of a little concern hearing the dealer say "if I (you) didn't receive allocated car", this I presume would be on the basis that no 'contract' was entered into, for I couldn't imagine the dealer having doubts as to whether they are going to receive their allocation........

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yep, for sure, dealer I went through has been allocated 6, I paid deposit, got paper work and allocation, but he was up front saying he really had no idea when it would roll in. I did get an email from him just before New Years and he said as he gets info he'll keep me updated, also said he'll keep a copy of any marketing info for me.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yep, for sure, dealer I went through has been allocated 6, I paid deposit, got paper work and allocation, but he was up front saying he really had no idea when it would roll in. I did get an email from him just before New Years and he said as he gets info he'll keep me updated, also said he'll keep a copy of any marketing info for me.
That's great and good that the dealer is being honest in saying that he doesn't know when it will arrive. I'm with you too on those that missed out in the initial allocation, which is up to the October 2016 build month and it is highly possible that the next batch roll in in 2017, so a long wait it will be. Even more excruciating once the press release their reviews.....

·
Registered
575 Posts
All 'you'se' blokes sleeping or too hard at work?

Right hand drive cars first deliveries in April...right there in Midnight Black & Frozen White.

2016 Ford Focus RS review | Autocar

·
Registered
669 Posts
Let's hope that's the case. I won't be getting my hopes up. I'm expecting July, any earlier would be a bonus though!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was told by my dealership in December that they were expecting a single vehicle allocation around April, and the second allocation of approx 5 vehicles mid year. interesting to see how they go about it with todays news.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I spoke with my dealer today and he duly checked the system and per the system, the original 'estimated' scheduled build month was February and now, according to the system, has pushed out to April. At least there will be plenty of reviews and hopefully overseas owner's experiences info during that timeframe to keep me entertained!

Gotta be positive........:p

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ahhhhh. Time for a coffee as I sit down and write this. There's information a plenty out there in various threads as the frenzy shows no sign of slowing with the press rubbing their hands with glee this week. And so, there's information in other threads that could apply elsewhere and therefore lost to those that don't venture into the relevant thread.

So, this is probably the most pertinent thread to expand on the topic. Top Gear have done a review of the RS and in that thread they mention that the Shell seats are perched a bit high and Ford are working on a fix, apparently. Now that fix could be as simple as removing spacers, if they exist, or as complex as re-fabricating the rails and/or body, which is feasible. If it's the latter, or just more complex period, that could well account for a delay in delivery to markets that receive the Shells. I submitted my order in October last year. Consistently, it has been an estimated February scheduled build. Very recently, that has moved out to April. So, it could be that the delay is attributed to the height of the Shell seats. It certainly is feasible.

Therefore, for those of you that have placed an order in Australia, I would encourage you to contact your dealers and ask them to look in their system to check the estimated month for scheduled build and report it back. This will give us a real sense if there is a delay, or if it's simply a random event.......

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ahhhhh. Time for a coffee as I sit down and write this. There's information a plenty out there in various threads as the frenzy shows no sign of slowing with the press rubbing their hands with glee this week. And so, there's information in other threads that could apply elsewhere and therefore lost to those that don't venture into the relevant thread.

So, this is probably the most pertinent thread to expand on the topic. Top Gear have done a review of the RS and in that thread they mention that the Shell seats are perched a bit high and Ford are working on a fix, apparently. Now that fix could be as simple as removing spacers, if they exist, or as complex as re-fabricating the rails and/or body, which is feasible. If it's the latter, or just more complex period, that could well account for a delay in delivery to markets that receive the Shells. I submitted my order in October last year. Consistently, it has been an estimated February scheduled build. Very recently, that has moved out to April. So, it could be that the delay is attributed to the height of the Shell seats. It certainly is feasible.

Therefore, for those of you that have placed an order in Australia, I would encourage you to contact your dealers and ask them to look in their system to check the estimated month for scheduled build and report it back. This will give us a real sense if there is a delay, or if it's simply a random event.......
When I placed my deposit I was told mid-2016 as an estimated date.
Asked again and it was still mid-2016 so no inkling of a delay as yet.

·
Registered
306 Posts
contact your dealers
Im heading in tomorrow to change my colour...I keep reading horror stories about maintaining black cars. And I felt lonely as the only SB order :uncomfortableness:
Its a toss up between FW and MG so far. Will report back on the latest delivery rumour, which I daresay will not give us anything new.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Thanks guys, but just to clarify, we're not interested in the estimated delivery date because that's as good as a finger to the wind. We want something concrete like estimated scheduled build date which can be drawn from their system. That's how we can validate whether there is a production delay, or not...........

·
5,582 Posts
I am happy top gear gave that info about the seats.
And if it's the reason behind the delay so be it. I would rather prefer everything as good as can be rather than receive a glass half full.
:)

I have a feeling come February, things in Germany will be in full swing and production will be ramping up to max.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'll reach out to my dealer and see if there are any updates. Haven't heard anything at all yet.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts