Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sent a Facebook message to the Ford performance page asking if the Rs would be at the new York Auto show. They said it will!

·
Registered
38 Posts
So I sent a Facebook message to the Ford performance page asking if the Rs would be at the new York Auto show. They said it will!
Nice! I REALLY want to see colors actually available to us though. I've watched the Ford of Europe video so many times and I want that blue but I am most curious about white. Too bad I'm not near New York but I'm sure we'll get some pics from the locals.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Last year I got closer than I was "supposed" to the viper and the aluminum f150. It will happen again this year then :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's not hidden knowledge. Take the time to ask someone at Ford. CY16 means Calendar year 16
Dont worry I'm as pissed as you.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You'll excuse me if I remain skeptical of your source. :cool:
so i shot him an email yesterday to confirm what he said in the webcast. we have a slight alteration to what he said. he meant it wouldn't arrive before CY16. so technically it could go into production here, but it will take up to 6 months to get stateside as they are all coming from germany.

currently transit connects come from turkey and they take about 6 months.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
so i shot him an email yesterday to confirm what he said in the webcast. we have a slight alteration to what he said. he meant it wouldn't arrive before CY16. so technically it could go into production here, but it will take up to 6 months to get stateside as they are all coming from germany.

currently transit connects come from turkey and they take about 6 months.
I believe in one of the video launches they stated production will start in the Fall. 6 months to get here is a bummer though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that is from time of order to time of delivery typically for a transit. once they are built then it generally closer to 3 months depending on how long they sit in the port in maryland

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think they plan to start making them FY16, but we will not see them arriving until CY16. Which makes sense.
If I'm not mistaken, Ford's fiscal year is the same as the calendar year. Now if you meant FY15 that might make more sense as I believe they said it would go into production at the end of this year.

·
Premium Member
3,328 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Ford's fiscal year is the same as the calendar year. Now if you meant FY15 that might make more sense as I believe they said it would go into production at the end of this year.
I maybe wrong if their FY is not what I was thinking, I thought almost every big company did FY years close to Oct-Sept.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts