Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vendor
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who don't follow us on FB or Instagram (you should: https://www.facebook.com/StratifiedAutomotiveControls/)

Here's a Focus RS power curve running the PTE turbo, aux fuel and WMI for additional octane. At 30psi on the stock head and cams it sits around 460whp. The bottom end is built for reliability.

You can see where the head flow starts to suffer a bit as the torque drops. We will likely finish this tune around the 480whp mark.

You can improve power with cams and a ported head (or even a bigger turbo) but remember that everything has a tradeoff. If you push the power band over to the right you lose some down low response and torque.

Keep in mind, these motors were designed with low end torque as a target rather than top end power. A setup like this on an RS is lots of fun to drive.

Yes if you push a setup like this you can end up with the curve below. It is shifted up with more boost. However in my opinion you start to run into high exhaust back pressure and temperatures and a happier place for this setup would be around 480whp.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hello I’m doing this currently in the process of fitting some items just purchased a set of Piper285 cams to run along side a bigger throttle body and PTE turbo, and lastly running when mapped Flex fuel to give me options. I have all the other kit required intercooler pipe work oil cooler etc

I’m hoping for a baseline figure of 501whp, am I being realistic with a map from who ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts