Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2016 adaptive headlamps (oem) the lights have been flickering on both sides with same sync and headlights will completely cut out just leaving the DRL led illuminated. Battery is 2 months old, terminals are completely connected, battery and alternator tested good, everything is connected, grounds are fine, and yes the plug is fully connected. really don’t know what the issue is..it’s not throwing any headlamp fault codes. They’re also not on automatic mode i manually turn them on.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
my 2016 adaptive headlamps (oem) the lights have been flickering on both sides with same sync and headlights will completely cut out just leaving the DRL led illuminated. Battery is 2 months old, terminals are completely connected, battery and alternator tested good, everything is connected, grounds are fine, and yes the plug is fully connected. really don’t know what the issue is..it’s not throwing any headlamp fault codes. They’re also not on automatic mode i manually turn them on.
Could be the headlight switch itself.....

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
The headlight switch signals the headlight switch position to the BCM through a LIN, the BCM in conjunction with the sunload sensor (if in headlight switch is set to auto) controls the output to the headlights to turn them on. Could be an issue with the BCM or maybe a fuse/relay on/for it.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Sounds like an earthing issue in the light circuit.
Ciao

1 - 4 of 4 Posts