Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Published on Nov 4, 2015

It’s all about performance, as the Ford manufacturing plant in Saarlouis, Germany, gears up for production.

Pre-production model shown. Coming spring 2016.

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's a video. I put it in the photos and videos section :p

No worries. You can delete it or whatever you wanna do. It's your show man.
I left your post stickied in videos so this will help from the many expected reposts.

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
Good stuff. I like how they actually talked about issues they had. You don't see that much.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Good stuff. I like how they actually talked about issues they had. You don't see that much.
Unfortunately they don't say what the specific issues are. (What was causing them to not hit their targets and what did they do to fix it?)

·
Registered
224 Posts
A couple of interesting this from this week's episode:

1) How much the front tires spin during a hard launch @3:07

2) The winter tire package is on the NB car @4:52, although they still look like the 19" wheels with winter tires on them.

3) Also with that NB car at the end, they say will be shipped to NYC for it's North American debut, but it has headlight washers, which are only on Euro spec cars and weren't on the car in NY (below). Of course it's always possible the car got massaged in Dearborn by Ford into US Spec before going to the show as well because I also noticed they changed the mirrors to the US Spec ones (look at the marker lamp placement). Edit: I also just noticed the amber side reflectors on the headlamps of US car compared to the euro car. The all black Euro lamps look much better IMO.
ford_focus_rs-1.jpg

RS pilot show car.PNG

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I kinda felt the video was lackluster. Im a numbers freak and would like more technical stuff other than, we had some issues, we have to fix them. See you next time. Its always nice to see more video of the car doing stuff so i guess i cant complain.
Yep, I felt the same way. I look forward to these every week and it just never seems to be enough. I've actually cut together all the episodes so far so it's one continuous video and I'm contemplating uploading it now or wait until they're all out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep, I felt the same way. I look forward to these every week and it just never seems to be enough. I've actually cut together all the episodes so far so it's one continuous video and I'm contemplating uploading it now or wait until they're all out.
Wait till they're all out... that would be cool to see them all together!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Wait till they're all out... that would be cool to see them all together!
But that's TWO WHOLE WEEKS from now. :p Yeah, I'll wait.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
So at the end of this weeks' episode when Raj Nair says "Is that it? Wow, that's horrible." what do we think he's talking about? :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think they plan on coming out with a DVD or something of the full length video (possibly more than what's going on You Tube) down the road. It would be really cool if they included a copy if all first year RS'.

So at the end of this weeks' episode when Raj Nair says "Is that it? Wow, that's horrible." what do we think he's talking about? :)
Well they've complained about the engine and exhaust sound before, so I'm guessing it might be related to that??

·
Registered
263 Posts
A couple of interesting this from this week's episode:

1) How much the front tires spin during a hard launch @3:07
I noticed that too and hope it is an issue that has been fixed. If not, it functions like a Haldex system transferring power to the rear wheels.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Well they've complained about the engine and exhaust sound before, so I'm guessing it might be related to that??
I think exhaust sound too. Guaranteed something they fixed or they wouldn't highlight it like that and that's the one thing we all know Ford team wasn't happy with.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I noticed that too and hope it is an issue that has been fixed. If not, it functions like a Haldex system transferring power to the rear wheels.
This system is far from a Haldex system but it is still FWD biased. Optimum wheel slip is around 10% for traction and it does seem to be a bit more then that. This was a video about tuning the launch control so who knows what they ended up with and if they were able to get the fronts to hook up better. 90% of road tests reveal (all types of vehicles) the driver can do a better job then the computer anyways, usually a couple of tenths between LC and do it yourself.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts