Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm in the Tampa area, just seeing who else from Florida is looking forward to buying an RS. I really need to call dealers, just haven't had time :(

Anyone have any good luck with any dealers so far?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm in Orlando, the few dealers I spoke to here either don't know what the RS is or find out after talking to me and state there will be a mark up on it but don't know how many they will get. Only dealer that I know for sure that has a mark up and know how many they will be allocated is Greenway Ford & that other one in Miami that posted on here. Greenway was allocated 8 (2 already spoken for) with a $5k ADM, which is about 2 weeks ago when I was talking to a sales person then.

Edit: Dealers I've spoken to were:
Sun State Ford - No idea what the RS was, said they would call back. Never did.
Mullinax - My parents bought a car from them, they aren't sure they will get any but there will be a mark up.
Tropical - No idea what the RS was, said they would call back. Never did.
Greenway - Will get 8, 2 already spoken for. $5k ADM.
Prestige Ford - No idea what the RS was, said they would call back. Never did.
Brandon Ford - Called back, said they will get more information about the RS later in the year....

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well my first call to Brandon Ford went about as well as I expected.. which is to say like ****. He knew what it was, said x plan wasn't an option (which I don't qualify for anyways but thanks I guess?) and beyond that would have to call me back. Great!

Edit: He called me back. 5-10k over sticker. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear God, one dealer is going to find out shortly. They will get "at least one" and he is going to check on incentives.. are you kidding me?

In other news, after 2 dealers of 5-10k over, I got the second slot of 3 at another dealer at sticker. Going to order on Sunday.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good to hear you found a dealer. I'll be hopefully sealing the deal Monday after I get off work. :cool:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. I've already sealed it with a deposit.

For anyone else around Tampa, Elder Ford in Tampa is doing MSRP and has one allocation left.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice. I've already sealed it with a deposit.

For anyone else around Tampa, Elder Ford in Tampa is doing MSRP and has one allocation left.
They have no allocation units left and said "the selling price of the vehicle is $2,000 above the MSRP, and that price is set in stone."

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have no allocation units left and said "the selling price of the vehicle is $2,000 above the MSRP, and that price is set in stone."
It's true that they don't have any allocations left now. The first one went for more than MSRP, the last two are at MSRP.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Hello!

Im in Miami and put down a $500 deposit at Metro Ford. According to them they have some allotments....i think 4...not sure. I was there on the 19th.....they didnt say anything about mark ups.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello!

Im in Miami and put down a $500 deposit at Metro Ford. According to them they have some allotments....i think 4...not sure. I was there on the 19th.....they didnt say anything about mark ups.
You might want to ask...

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I called the dealer. The person who processed the order last Monday said no markups and any rebates at the time would be applied. I don't think they'll be any rebates. Total price they quoted me with taxes was over $40k. Can't remember exactly and the paper is home. I just got two options. Moonroof and Nitrous Blue. So about $38,295 + taxes.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called the dealer. The person who processed the order last Monday said no markups and any rebates at the time would be applied. I don't think they'll be any rebates. Total price they quoted me with taxes was over $40k. Can't remember exactly and the paper is home. I just got two options. Moonroof and Nitrous Blue. So about $38,295 + taxes.
Cool. Congrats then!!

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
At the moment I get mixed feelings cuz I love my present ride at the moment....2014 Fiesta ST in Molten Orange with a Mountune MP215 performance kit (doesn't void the warranty). It is a blast!!!!! If Ford confirmed a Fiesta RS....I would be getting that. Sometimes when I load it up, I wish it had more space as the Focus has. My previous car was a 3 door 2004 SVT Focus.....I feel the SVT is the "spiritual" predecessor of the Fiesta ST.....

·
Registered
420 Posts
charlotte ford had one allotment/ pre orders dealer stock/ 3 weeks ago/ also at same time Sarasota ford said they had two all at msrp pre ordered hope that helps go to an area with mostly old folks your odds increase substancially.the RS is not your your grandmothers camry/ thank god.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm located in Riverview, Fl not to far from you DAVE-ROR. Personally, I will be waiting for year model #2 before placing my order. I want to see the reviews on this first + not having to deal with paying dealer mark up fee's.

I was at Bill Currie Ford on Dale Mabry back in November car shopping for a friend. I asked the salesman if they had any info. on the RS. He said he was there for quite a few years (older gentleman), but he said they have not had any info on it but would get some more info. later 2016 and would only get a few in before the year end. He did say they have 2 Ford GT's that will be sold from that dealership that have already been spoken for and he did confirm they had mark up fee's due to the limited amount. So I would assume the same may be done with the RS when they first get them.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Another Floridian here. Thinking whomever gets their RS first should host a cook out so the rest of us can oogle the car, talk shop and get a following going. Anyone members of the ST, Subaru, etc on Facebook or other social media?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Another Floridian here. Thinking whomever gets their RS first should host a cook out so the rest of us can oogle the car, talk shop and get a following going. Anyone members of the ST, Subaru, etc on Facebook or other social media?
No not me... I know there is a few ST Groups over here in Orlando.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not I, I'm coming from a Toyota sooo I'm mostly in those groups currently. I did join an RS group which I think a lot of people from here are on as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
8 Participants
FZR18
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing