Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how long the gap between runs will be in the well they have a review meeting between runs to improve things.
do you think they will put them in slots one here one there or will they run like 20 cars through on the row.
if 20 cars in a row I'd love to see a video or pictures of that.
just think there is a whole crew of Ford employees working on parts for our cars to assemble right now tomorrow morning they will be working on our car parts and it will be a Monday lots of Mondays and Fridays to manufacture our cars .

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I think I read somewhere that they pump out well over 100 normal focus per day per line. (im in information overload at this point)
the one thing I have no clue about is how they plan to ship them to the states. do they ship them in small groups or do they fill a ship.
I guess they could share ships with other mfg's so anything is possible.
all I know is mine has not been picked up for production and I was one of the first in the system... so it all seems completely random.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I don't know specifics about Saarlouis, but 100/day sounds low. Regardless, that tells us nothing about how many RSs will be sprinkled in there. Regarding ships, they aren't owned by Ford. They won't leave port until their full, but not full of only Ford vehicles.

·
Registered
376 Posts
If I remember correctly the Saarlouis plant is only set up to make the normal focus for the Eurozone. So every every focus that is destined for the US will be an RS. This will also mean that a whole bunch of cars are sitting until enough are built to ship. My guess would be January or end of December.

·
Super Moderator
15,629 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
I believe the dealers are to receive their allocations based on a lottery system, so as not to saturate a given region. I was told by my dealer that they were told their allocation would arrive in mid-February ... if all goes per the best-laid plans ...

·
Registered
971 Posts
I believe the dealers are to receive their allocations based on a lottery system, so as not to saturate a given region. I was told by my dealer that they were told their allocation would arrive in mid-February ... if all goes per the best-laid plans ...
This is what I heard from my dealer as well. The feedback on those lucky enough to have their orders pulled for scheduling would seem to support that. Jan 4th is first production date for US RS is what I have heard from multiple sources.

·
Registered
892 Posts
the one thing I have no clue about is how they plan to ship them to the states. do they ship them in small groups or do they fill a ship.
They usually fill the boat before it setting of, making it less costly. I am told that the cargo ships can haul up to 500 vehicles at a time, so once the first ship is en route, I'd expect to see them popping up all over the country (east coast would be first probably).

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
They usually fill the boat before it setting of, making it less costly. I am told that the cargo ships can haul up to 500 vehicles at a time, so once the first ship is en route, I'd expect to see them popping up all over the country (east coast would be first probably).
If they ship them in a normal RORO, they'll take 4,000-8,000 cars at a time and would likely be shared with one of the other German manufacturers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
As of January 2015 Ford ramped up production of the Focus/C-Max/Grand C-Max line at the Saarlouis plant by 240 cars per day, bringing the daily production total to 1,770 units.

No mention of the how the FoRS will be implemented into the line in the article.

Ford To Increase Production At Two German Plants

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20150116/ANE/150119782/ford-will-raise-german-production-as-demand-rebounds
Yeah one of the videos I saw (maybe the early RS rebirth ones?) one of the workers at Saarlouis plant said they manufacture 2-300,000 vehicles a year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts