Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Leaked images taken pre show start at Geneva motor show.

Colour at the show is still Liquid Blue demo colour.

Lightweight track wheel optional extra with Michelin Sport Cup 2

The outline of the front seats look Sportster CS, there is new detailing. (CS are EU & Asia market only)

No audio was released by Ford, but here is the RS on the move

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Looks nearly identical to Performance Blue on the ST. I like the color, but If nitrous blue and performance blue are that close, I'll probably pick a different color since my ST is blue.

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
It does look pretty similar to the blue on the ST indoors. I wonder what it will look like in sunlight. I like the color but it is darker than I expected.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I like it, but I would need to see it in person, preferably next to a Stealth Gray RS / ST. The inside of the Geneva show room seems very well lit, so we can safely assume that the shade is not darker than it normally is. You can actually see what looks like a Ford GT in the background of the first pic, and that color is clearly Liquid Blue.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've looked at the photos zoomed in, it appears it's still currently the Recaro Sportster CS in the front with seat covers protecting them.

I would also say the lighting still isn't that great in this pic, low quality and all. I'm sure we will see the colour under some bright light in just 3 days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm with Jamie on this one. The second pictures you can see the drivers seat pretty good. Have to wait and see what's under there once they pull the covers off.

Awesome find by the way man. I can't wait to hear all the specs on this car!!

It also doesn't appear to have RS on the sides of the rear wing like the one in the first reveal video.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm with Jamie on this one. The second pictures you can see the drivers seat pretty good. Have to wait and see what's under there once they pull the covers off.

Awesome find by the way man. I can't wait to hear all the specs on this car!!

It also doesn't appear to have RS on the sides of the rear wing like the one in the first reveal video.
Thanks! Was posted on Instagram by someone working at the expo centre.

I think the logo is still there, looks blurred by the low image quality and lighting reflections

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks! Was posted on Instagram by someone working at the expo centre.

I think the logo is still there, looks blurred by the low image quality and lighting reflections
We need better pictures!! I hope it's still there I think it's pretty unique. The show starts the 5th right??

Will the U.S. get the light in the rear bumper still? Not sure if that was said or not.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Even if it's the same as pb, it's a great color. I honestly didn't really like the acid blue color.

Good contrast between the two colors in the first pic, with what looks like the new GT in the background.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's probably more metallic than PB, otherwise why bother making a NB color? Diffuser light is Europe / Asia only, I heard.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I'm not convinced that that is not Liquid Blue. Look in the second pic with the GT350R next to it, I see no difference between the color of them. GT in first pic has different lights on it at different angles.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not convinced that that is not Liquid Blue. Look in the second pic with the GT350R next to it, I see no difference between the color of them. GT in first pic has different lights on it at different angles.
2nd pic has what looks like a vert DIB next to the RS, doesn't look like a GT350 to me. But if this is nitrous blue then it'll probably be white for me.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
2nd pic has what looks like a vert DIB next to the RS, doesn't look like a GT350 to me. But if this is nitrous blue then it'll probably be white for me.
Maybe, second look it does look like wrong top for GT350R. I saw the tail lights looked like the new Mustang and the color looked the same, I've not noticed others in that blue. But, time will tell.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We need better pictures!! I hope it's still there I think it's pretty unique. The show starts the 5th right??

Will the U.S. get the light in the rear bumper still? Not sure if that was said or not.

Yes for public access the media days are 3rd and 4th so Id expect news sooner then the 5th March. Im personally heading out 13th to visit the show. We will know full details by then, I just want to see it in the flesh

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hope this isn't nitrous blue. to make such a great car Ford would paint it with boring colors. At this point I like the show car only liquid blue much better

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hope this isn't nitrous blue. to make such a great car Ford would paint it with boring colors. At this point I like the show car only liquid blue much better
I agree, I'm a little bummed with the color options. Why show us a gorgeous color only to say it's a show color only? Hopefully it'll be an option but I was hoping for more dramatic colors. White seems to be my preference though I had a white ST so I was kind of hoping to change it up a bit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's not that I think the car is ugly in blue, I just feel like it deserves a much more dramatic choice. With the tangerines screams, grabber blues, gotta have it greens and molten oranges out there this is the best Ford could come up with?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
21 Participants
skip
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing