Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where and when do you think your baby will get a nick ,dent or scratch.

Kids are grown up so less likely to happen at home in the garage.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Personally I think I'll end up bottoming out at least once or twice when pulling in and out of a driveway/parking lot with a steep curb. Ends up scraping the bottom of the front overhang a bit. I've gotten more used to hitting it at an angle but still manage to snag the bottom of my Mazda 3 when I'm turning around quickly in a driveway. Other than that the proportions and size of the FoRS vs. the Mazda 3 aren't much (if at all) different and I've never scraped or dented my 3 besides bottoming out so that's really the only thing I'm worried about.

·
Registered
376 Posts
With my last new car, it happened on the way home when a big rig kicked off some tread and hit square on the front passenger side. If I would have tried to get around it, I would have side swiped anot her car. So I guess if I make it home without one I'll be happy.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If I have my way, the protective bubble I'll keep it in will save from any harm.. Unfortunately, my girlfriend will probably dent it with something, oh idk, her phone as she did my Titanium. . She was spinning circles next to the car and the phone jumped from her pocket to my fender, causing a minute pin head sized dent.. She'll never live it down.

·
Registered
892 Posts
If I have my way, the protective bubble I'll keep it in will save from any harm.. Unfortunately, my girlfriend will probably dent it with something, oh idk, her phone as she did my Titanium. . She was spinning circles next to the car and the phone jumped from her pocket to my fender, causing a minute pin head sized dent.. She'll never live it down.
Lol. My ex wife scratched my RSX-S with her purse shortly after I got it. Not saying that's why she's my EX-wife, but it might have contributed ;)

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm going with street parking. Numerous people I've run into over time consider bumpers as a sort of a tell that you've gone far enough, especially when parallel parking. I've observed vehicles parallel park by bumping cars on either side. In fact, after moving to a place where I needed to street park (no longer the case), my bumpers were completely scratched up after about a month, and another couple of months later an uninsured motorist in a van destroyed my front fender and bumper (thankfully no mechanics affected). Going to try to avoid street parking like the plague

·
Registered
914 Posts
Who cares, it's a car. My wheels will get rash first (which is why I didn't pay extra for the forged wheels), shortly after that I'll end up scratching the rear bumper on a Home Depot trip, followed by scraping the underside of the front bumper on my driveway or curb somewhere. I expect this to happen the first day or two. Within the first week or so a bird will likely fart on the hood and scratch it due to the thin cheap paint (if it's similar to the paint job on the ST, that is).

·
Registered
892 Posts
Who cares, it's a car. My wheels will get rash first (which is why I didn't pay extra for the forged wheels), shortly after that I'll end up scratching the rear bumper on a Home Depot trip, followed by scraping the underside of the front bumper on my driveway or curb somewhere. I expect this to happen the first day or two. Within the first week or so a bird will likely fart on the hood and scratch it due to the thin cheap paint (if it's similar to the paint job on the ST, that is).
Your post reeks of douchiness. Why would you buy a new car if you don't care about keeping it nice? And how are you getting curb rash on your wheels? Is parking that difficult where you live? I feel sorry for any of your possessions, because it sounds like you don't take care of them at all.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Door ding in a random parking lot even if I park at the back of the lot. People just don't give a ****.
That. At least around here the doors of the lifted Rams swing over top of the Miata so the worst I currently get is mud dripping onto the top. It's going to take some getting used to a car as big as the Focus.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Your post reeks of douchiness. Why would you buy a new car if you don't care about keeping it nice? And how are you getting curb rash on your wheels? Is parking that difficult where you live? I feel sorry for any of your possessions, because it sounds like you don't take care of them at all.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
pot meet kettle? lol

I think he is specifically exaggerating since some of us seem to think this car is a half million dollar show car or something. He is just saying use it, dont cry about scratches and have as much fun as you can with it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm going with street parking. Numerous people I've run into over time consider bumpers as a sort of a tell that you've gone far enough, especially when parallel parking. I've observed vehicles parallel park by bumping cars on either side. In fact, after moving to a place where I needed to street park (no longer the case), my bumpers were completely scratched up after about a month, and another couple of months later an uninsured motorist in a van destroyed my front fender and bumper (thankfully no mechanics affected). Going to try to avoid street parking like the plague
I dread this exact thing. People hitting my car at work practically destroyed the rear bumper of my current car within 6 months of moving to Brooklyn. I'm going to have to get one of those stupid looking bumper guards.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Right out of the manual ...

If your vehicle goes off the edge of the road, slow down but avoid severe brake application, only ease the vehicle back onto the road after reducing your speed. Do not turn the steering wheel too sharply while returning to the road surface. It may be safer to stay on the apron or shoulder of the road and slow down gradually before returning to the road surface. You may lose control if you do not slow down or if you turn the steering wheel too sharply. It may be better to strike small objects, for example highway reflectors, with minor damage to your vehicle rather than attempt a sudden return to the road surface, which could cause your vehicle to slide sideways out of control or rollover. Remember, your safety and the safety of others should be your primary concern.

... F'ing bollards ...

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Hitting a large, black beetle @ 165 and getting a ding on my A-pillar, during my banzai break-in period.

Jim

1 - 20 of 47 Posts