Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the RS out for the first time for a brief canyon drive on Sunday (yesterday). From Denver area I took the Morrison to Evergreen ride. One leg of the Lariat Loop for those familiar with the area. I've got just at 700 miles on the RS and finally found some time to ring it out a bit, keeping a mind I'm still in the break-in period.

Well, the exciting part of our story. I was pushing the car in the tight curves, feeling how far it would go. I already know from street driving that the RS can corner like no other car I've had. Well, longish story less long I was pushing pretty hard into a tight right hand blind corner, knowing there was nobody in my lane nearby. I got to the apex when of course several cars coming the opposite direction popped up. I decided I was committed when the tail popped out, no understeer here! I'm sure the folks going the other way felt a little horror when I stayed in it and found as reported, that the RS would detect the issue and correct. Sure enough I felt the left rear start pushing hard and I won't say I drifted, but power-slid safely through the turn.

I corrected out of the turn and having learned the limit, determined to stay within it for the rest of my drive. Of course, getting stuck behind a less mad driver in a Toyota kept me very tidy for the rest of the drive up.

That experience behind I can say that the RS certainly delivers adrenaline.

I also remembered Raj's quote in the "Rebirth of an Icon" sign off drive where he said "We're going to make a lot of bad drivers look good."

The RS certainly will do that.

·
5,608 Posts
Not to condone such action, but let's keep the drifts to the track and not public roads where possible.
Yes the RS has a high limit on the corners but best explored on the track.

:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts