Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A gentleman on an a local auto enthusiasts Facebook forum just posted looking for advice on buying a Ford repurchased RS with "30k miles on the chassis, and a brand new engine."

Did some research and found the dealer, and what I believe to be the car:

https://www.covingtonford.net/all-inventory/index.htm?make=Ford&bodyStyle=Hatchback&internetPrice=20000-29999

Looks like this dealer has 2 other 16 RSs. Really interested in the car at these price points ($23,900 for this 31k mi example) and two others with 15k miles each priced at $27.9k and $25.9k.

Sounds like a great way to get that dedicated RS track car!

Thoughts?

Phil

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yea, odd that the white one is missing the bezels. at $150 a pop, you better negotiate them into the price! :p What first caught my eye were those white wheels... Not a good look IMO.

Didn't notice the black mirrors on the SG one. What color should they be? I had a Mustang GT once that had plastic mirrors. I ended up getting them painted white to match the body. Looked slightly better...

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
If you're buying the drivetrain for a track car it's an excellent deal. If you're looking for a newish car, just look at all the things that is wrong with them on just these 4 replies. :p

·
Super Moderator
16,033 Posts
SG one has black side mirrors...hmmmn
Yea, odd that the white one is missing the bezels. at $150 a pop, you better negotiate them into the price! :p What first caught my eye were those white wheels... Not a good look IMO.

Didn't notice the black mirrors on the SG one. What color should they be? I had a Mustang GT once that had plastic mirrors. I ended up getting them painted white to match the body. Looked slightly better...
Mirrors are body color 16-17MY and black on 18'.
Those side mirrors could be carbon fiber replacement covers. Kinda hard to tell from the photos.

·
Super Moderator
16,033 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, long time lurker, first time posting. I've been eyeballing those three at Covington Ford for a while now, wondering what the deal was on pricing. I'll stop by next time I'm down that way.

If you look at the pics in the ad, the color on the gray one isn't quite right, and the door jambs are black. Guessing respray or wrap.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It's a shame to see the photos on this car posted.

https://www.covingtonford.net/used/Ford/2016-Ford-Focus+RS-44d8a6590a0e0a6b7c9f18f7927eb362.htm?searchDepth=2:3

That NB needs a full blown detail done. The trunk area photo looks to have cobb webs in it, I just hope it's lighting that's causing it but then the dust all over the console leads me to believe not.

So it was once offered for $33.9k and now $25.9k?
I think that's a camera defect more than anything. The cobb webs wouldn't look like that unless the hatch has been open all this time. As for the console area, either it's been sitting for awhile or it's been sitting/driving in a dusty environment. I just noticed how dusty my console area is and I just cleaned it two weeks ago.

·
Registered
121 Posts
First "Buy Back" RS's hitting dealer lots

Look at the window sticker. Says the car was black... Kinda makes one wonder
I think it has a wrap on it. The door jams are black, and it looks like the roof might be black as well. I’m on my phone so I can’t pull up a large photo but it looks like you can see the edge of the wrap on the edge of the rear door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Those dudes sell cleaned up lemon or whatever cars. Almost all of their "used" cars were buybacks or cleanups it seem. I posted a few weeks back a youtube video with @samcrac going to the dealer to get his new truck. There was a NB and SG on the lot that were lemon buybacks. His thoughts were that the lemon buybacks were a better deal than the flood cars he was doing because you get the warranty.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Those dudes sell cleaned up lemon or whatever cars. Almost all of their "used" cars were buybacks or cleanups it seem. I posted a few weeks back a youtube video with @samcrac going to the dealer to get his new truck. There was a NB and SG on the lot that were lemon buybacks. His thoughts were that the lemon buybacks were a better deal than the flood cars he was doing because you get the warranty.
I've been to this dealer.... they don't advertise that some of them are buybacks so my wife and I went to take a look at a 2016 GT350.... the thing had SO MANY things wrong with it. Couldn't get it to stop bonging, dinging, chiming, etc for 5 seconds during the test drive. After about 60 seconds, I turned it around and took it back. They said, "But it was working fine, it was fixed by Ford".... so we got into another one to see if I liked the GT350 at all, didn't even get out of the parking lot before **** started chiming/dinging at me, just got out and left.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ya get what ya pay for........
i'd be careful !!

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
bump for this thread. i went and looked at the SG one yesterday. its just a wrap. im a ford tech and im on the fence about buying it. i currently have a accord exl v6 6 speed. i want to get something newer/different. ive pdi a whole bunch of these cars when they were new.

that particular one had a ptu leak 3 times, RMS 2 times, and got a long block at 14k.

any thoughts on it? it seems like a good deal. i just dont want a turd lol.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
the blue one has been sold. the white one still looks good. i just prefer to have a sunroof. they said its about 25k otd. the wheels kill it for me though. if it had the stock oem wheels itd be a super deal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts