Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Nice move Schmove. I like it. +1 for DIY. +1 for styling/uniqueness.
It looks like scales from a snake in the last pic. Crazy how different it looks
depending upon the light angle. To judge for sure though, just like the SG and NB colors,
it needs to be seen in person I'm sure. One of the reasons I didn't go with aforementioned
colors. Color/patterns highly personal pref.

·
Registered
725 Posts
For a second there, I thought you had a SG AND FW Focus and was about to get very angry that you got 2 RS's before I got mine :topsy_turvy:

But I as well think it looks a little busy. Probably looks better when its not in direct light.

Reactions: schmove

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Nice effort and different. Almost makes it look like it's a carbon wing that you painted body color. Like you said, it's reversible. Rock it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
awesome idea, great execution. Is there some way to matte the surface? It might make it blend just a little bit more.
You mentioned that they were relatively cheap to make, maybe take some sandpaper to the surface epoxy of the Carbon and then re-clear it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Get some outdoor pics in the sun; I bet it looks great! I think it is the flash that is making it look busy. Great work
Exactly!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I looked at it today and I'm still undecided. I actually have a test version in matte black under the faux carbon fiber. I've finally learned how to use my wife's Silhouette Cameo to make the vinyl. I'll take some non crappy pictures outside of the garage.

If it looks decent I can make some more and send it free to some of yall. The install is a bit tricky, you have to peel a bit of the backing off and "trace" the RS on. It's forgiving though so you can start over.

awesome idea, great execution. Is there some way to matte the surface? It might make it blend just a little bit more.
You mentioned that they were relatively cheap to make, maybe take some sandpaper to the surface epoxy of the Carbon and then re-clear it.
the faux CF vinyl is matte already, it's just the flash making it look shiny.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts