Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
That's not the edge I used to catch on. I'm talking about the dead pedal edge. Since the Findway mats cover the dead pedal (OEM did not), it's ~2cm closer to the clutch pedal. The side of my foot would catch the dead pedal. You probably won't have problems with the top edge of the mat since it goes up much higher than the OEM one.
I put em in last night and I see what you mean now. Yes, the edge does go up, so it solves all of my catching issues. Super pleased with these mats.

But also yes, the dead pedal kinda ended up "wider" with the mats because of how they overlay, so the pedal kinda scrapes that edge now. But that's with an extra ~0.5" of material on all sides of the pedal, and so far it's already kinda clearanced itself (or I've just learned to not throw the whole length). I noticed that if I've got my foot on the dead pedal and I move it up to clutch in, sometimes I hear my shoe scrape the side of the pedal cover, but again, mine are bigger than stock. All in all, I'm fine with it.

How much difference is the color compared to the floorboard? The pics look like the mats are darker.
They are "blacker" if that makes sense. The OEM pile on the carpet is kinda high, and Findway uses microfiber instead of normal carpet fibers, so the lower pile is a bit darker. However, with the molding of the mats, they literally cover the entire floor, so there's no lines to show the contrast/difference. IMO, it looks better than stock because it's a uniform 100% black, and doesn't draw any visual attention or anything. I can try and snap pics in the car to show, but I'm not sure you'll be able to tell from a phone camera, since the lighting and color differences are pretty minute.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just got a set and the dead pedal scrape is a deal breaker for me. Its every single time I put my foot on the pedal. I think that triangle shape at the top takes away room that I need to fit my size 10 Nikes to the floor on the clutch pedal. That is unless I want to start using my pinky toe to manipulate the clutch. No issue with stock or no mats. I might just cut that triangle out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just got a set and the dead pedal scrape is a deal breaker for me. Its every single time I put my foot on the pedal. I think that triangle shape at the top takes away room that I need to fit my size 10 Nikes to the floor on the clutch pedal. That is unless I want to start using my pinky toe to manipulate the clutch. No issue with stock or no mats. I might just cut that triangle out.
Same thing when I first installed mine now that I have had them for a few months they have broken in and settled down nicely, so it is a non issue and I don't have interference anymore.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Man, I love the look of these so much more over the weather/husky etc. crew, but in WV, with all the snow, salt, slush, and everything else, I don't know if I can justify carpet. How hard are these to clean? If anyone has had experience with that yet.
Used mine through a harsh winter with salty roads. They work well. To clean just take them out, power wash them off and hang them to dry overnight. They're carpet material but with an impermeable rubber backing.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I've had Findway mats in my RS for almost 2.5 years. It's one of the better purchases that I've made for the RS IMO. I've never cared for the look of something like Weathertech, even if they offer the most protection. The Findway mats look really good, more like a normal carpeted mat, but offer great protection. And they clean up easily as others have stated.

Has anyone tried their cargo liner? I was set to buy a Weathertech, but I see that Findway has a cargo liner specific for the RS. Thoughts?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've had Findway mats in my RS for almost 2.5 years. It's one of the better purchases that I've made for the RS IMO. I've never cared for the look of something like Weathertech, even if they offer the most protection. The Findway mats look really good, more like a normal carpeted mat, but offer great protection. And they clean up easily as others have stated.

Has anyone tried their cargo liner? I was set to buy a Weathertech, but I see that Findway has a cargo liner specific for the RS. Thoughts?
Hmmm, I might need to own that.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mates who have Findway mats, did you have the rubber strip on the bottom of the floor? And was the stock floor mat square or had the protrusion at the top?

I see the Findway seems to have a ridge. My car doesn't have the raised rubber strip, so it seems the Findway will have a empty space where it goes vertical.

My footwell looks like this:

It seems most of the mats out there are made for this:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just installed mine yesterday. Definitely takes some getting used to, hopefully they won’t take too long to break in. Took a hot minute to get the mounting holes lined up lol. Pleasantly surprised with the quality of them and not getting dinged on shipping was an added bonus.

Mates who have Findway mats, did you have the rubber strip on the bottom of the floor? And was the stock floor mat square or had the protrusion at the top?
There are two rubber pads on the findway mats like the bottom picture. The mat extends all the way up to where the carpet near the steering column is. Unfortunate side effect is it seems like it limits the accelerator pedal travel ever so slightly so they will be changed out for the summer

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ordered a set today.

I was going to add the trunk liner, but they ask whether there is a trunk sub woofer. Isn't that under the trunk, so it shouldn't make a difference?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts