Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my new Findway floor mats. I was going to go with WeatherTechs but decided to go with a carpet style floor mat. Glad I did and thanks to both @PaoloRS
@dianebrat for the recommendation.

20170222_154605_resized.jpg 20170222_154614_resized.jpg 20170222_154737_resized.jpg 20170222_155343_resized.jpg 20170222_155407_resized.jpg 20170222_155524_resized.jpg 20170222_160040_resized.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just installed mine tonight too. They are awesome, and much nicer than i expected. Cheap too with the Canadian exchange rate. I think mine where $95 shipped.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Ordered as soon as he emailed they were back in stock. Should be here in cali tomorrow, can't wait after seeing these pictures.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
441 Posts
Would you believe I got a response tonight [10 PM]!

Company Rep states these will be available around the end of March.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Send them an email and ask to preorder. That's what I did.
Prepaid around 2/5. They got a shipment on 2/15 and got it today 2/22.
They respond pretty quick..

·
Registered
900 Posts
yes, i installed mine. They are very nice. My only qualm is that as a driver, they kind of have that ... squishy feeling. like the fitment could be a touch better, where the bottom sat more flush with the ground. Quickly got used to it though, and love them overall. You don't even notice them when you get in.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Man, I love the look of these so much more over the weather/husky etc. crew, but in WV, with all the snow, salt, slush, and everything else, I don't know if I can justify carpet. How hard are these to clean? If anyone has had experience with that yet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Man, I love the look of these so much more over the weather/husky etc. crew, but in WV, with all the snow, salt, slush, and everything else, I don't know if I can justify carpet. How hard are these to clean? If anyone has had experience with that yet.
Yep. Living in Ottawa and this last winter came with nice mix of snow and freezing rain (and salt).

I bought the Findway floor mats just before my RS arrived in beginning of January. They handled quite well the whole winter and I cleaned them last weekend.

I did exactly what Findway recommends and honestly I am impressed how clean and new they look. You will find the hard plastic of the driver's floor mat (where your feet will rest) to become a little bit white (the same way weather/husky would) but the carpet is back to its original black color.

Here the YouTube video about how to clean the floor mats.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yep. Living in Ottawa and this last winter came with nice mix of snow and freezing rain (and salt).

I bought the Findway floor mats just before my RS arrived in beginning of January. They handled quite well the whole winter and I cleaned them last weekend.

I did exactly what Findway recommends and honestly I am impressed how clean and new they look. You will find the hard plastic of the driver's floor mat (where your feet will rest) to become a little bit white (the same way weather/husky would) but the carpet is back to its original black color.

Here the YouTube video about how to clean the floor mats.

Oh this is a game changer. Really glad I found these now. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Still using mine with no issues. The left foot rest cover was a little close to the clutch at first, but it's either worn down some or I've slightly adjusted my driving and don't notice. Still the best looking mats for the RS.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Still using mine with no issues. The left foot rest cover was a little close to the clutch at first, but it's either worn down some or I've slightly adjusted my driving and don't notice. Still the best looking mats for the RS.
After installing them last night I noticed that I was hitting that too on my drive to work this morning. I hope they settle with use so it will be a non issue down the road I didn't see anyone else talk about this though on the other Findway thread.

·
Registered
170 Posts
After installing them last night I noticed that I was hitting that too on my drive to work this morning. I hope they settle with use so it will be a non issue down the road I didn't see anyone else talk about this though on the other Findway thread.
I noticed it for the first week. I think my foot just naturally learned to move over 2cm, because I don't ever catch that edge anymore. Or the material could have formed up a little; the fit after a couple months seems better than day 1.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Interesting about the clutch.

My mats came in the mail yesterday, but I didn't have time to put them in the car since I was doing other installs last night.

One of those installs was some new Sparco pedals. And the brake and clutch are now about 50% larger overall. The clutch caught on the edge of the OEM mat and hung, so I'm hoping that since these extend further up and lay flat, it won't grab that edge.

If it does, I guess I'll need to fab up a clutch stop or something...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Interesting about the clutch.

My mats came in the mail yesterday, but I didn't have time to put them in the car since I was doing other installs last night.

One of those installs was some new Sparco pedals. And the brake and clutch are now about 50% larger overall. The clutch caught on the edge of the OEM mat and hung, so I'm hoping that since these extend further up and lay flat, it won't grab that edge.

If it does, I guess I'll need to fab up a clutch stop or something...
That's not the edge I used to catch on. I'm talking about the dead pedal edge. Since the Findway mats cover the dead pedal (OEM did not), it's ~2cm closer to the clutch pedal. The side of my foot would catch the dead pedal. You probably won't have problems with the top edge of the mat since it goes up much higher than the OEM one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts