Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how other people are paying for their RS. I currently am getting a loan through another source other than the dealership because they quoted be at 6 ish % for financing. I've seen a few people saying that they got their dealers to offer them the standard focus rate of 1.49%. Anyone hear get that? I'd like to call the dealership so I can get some firm quote so I can take that to my local dealership and negotiate.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I think part of your problem is that you're in canada. I've read you guys are more likely to get screwed on the interest rate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I including some other folks were able to lock it in at 1.49% finance.
However that was in November, I am not sure how it is changed now. You should ask your dealer.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I have a credit score of 800+ and don't plan to pay anything more than 2.5% but hopefully get something lower. The specific vehicle type shouldn't matter when it comes to interest rates, just depends on your credit, financing companies the dealer has access to, and total $ financed. I can see dealers wanting to push higher interest rates because their kick-back is higher but I'm not sure if there's regulation against that in the US?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a credit score of 800+ and don't plan to pay anything more than 2.5% but hopefully get something lower. The specific vehicle type shouldn't matter when it comes to interest rates, just depends on your credit, financing companies the dealer has access to, and total $ financed. I can see dealers wanting to push higher interest rates because their kick-back is higher but I'm not sure if there's regulation against that in the US?
Not sure about regulations in the States today, but when I worked for an automotive finance company some years back the dealer usually had a contractual relationship with the various finance companies limiting the amount of interest they could tack on to a contract. I seem to recall it was generally somewhere between two and three percent. It was called dealer participation and it was paid out as the contract performed. The finance company wouldn't want the dealer tacking on several points and creating a contract that was likely to go bad. They also didn't want to pay out on contracts that didn't perform.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I including some other folks were able to lock it in at 1.49% finance.
However that was in November, I am not sure how it is changed now. You should ask your dealer.
Best advice. I was also quoted 1.49%, but that was also back in Nov.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I was quoted 7% when I called, after I visited 1.49%. You should really go in to a couple dealers and speak to the salesman, get a couple quotes, as far as I know 1.49% is still available. Good Luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely going in again to try and get it. I placed my $1000 deposit with them all the way back in September as soon as they had info and they've been quite rude ever since. Guess they think its a guaranteed customer and decide to treat ****ty because the purchase agreement is signed. Crazy how some dealers are. My step dad just bout a 2015 Mustang GT convertible this summer and my mother 2013 Explorer a couple years back. It'd be nice to be treated half decently after being repeat customers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im also in quebec and my dealers general manager still hasnt given me a set in stone interest rate yet. Would be happy with 1.49!! Will know only in a few months i guess.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
1.7 from my credit union today. Locked in but I intended to check with the wife's credit union and see what the dealer can offer. 1.7 is good but I suspect a bidding war could drive it down.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Looks like I have shopping to do, best I can find is 1.99 through my wife's credit union.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
rates are bound to go up considering the FED just raised the Prime rate. If you can lock it now it would be wise to do so. I know this because I work for a bank.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
According to news reports, interest rates are about to rise. My lender locked me in with proof of order. Start shopping around for the best deals.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
28 Participants
Boostd
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing