Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to see it in person... This is exactly what I have ordered minus the Cup2 Tires... The Nitrous Blue is very cool in person... Pictures can't do it justice...

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was just there last weekend and was very excited to see it in person (Ford flew us out there btw) , especially since that is the color I ordered. I love the metallic in it. It was difficult to photograph well under the show lighting but I did take a little 360° video of it. Here is a link to it

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I'm getting so psyched for this color. Even when it looks lighter it looks amazing with that metallic.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I was there today as well. It was my first time seeing the car in person so I stood there for about 30 minutes just starring at it. NB color is great in person. I forgot my slr at home so all I got were these cell phone pics:

And some pictures of the GT which was just jaw dropping in person:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I'm afraid it's gona scrape going up the driveway to my work as it sits I can't even imagine lowering it yet.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Speaking of lowering, manufacturers should start putting oil pans above the sway bar lol.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I originally believed it did not need to be lowered, but after seeing these pics, I have changed my mind.
I fully agree. when I saw the car in person it looked both high and raked. currently the wheel gaps are even front and back, but the side skirts are angled forward a noticeable amount.
the car at the local show was free to touch so I was able to stick my head under the front spoiler and took a few quick hand measurements to determine clearances. the low point seemed to be inward of the front wheels at the plastic undertray. I'd call it 5.5" to the tray and 5" to these little bits that hang off it to divert water.

lower the car 1.5" in the front and it could become a pain in the ass to daily. Id love to lower it, but don't want to worry about scraping.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
A nice drop and proper set of wheels (or spacers) will make the car look even better.

Thanks for the pics, guys.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Stance looks fine, nice balance of space around the wheel wells. Wider rubber would be appropriate though - these tires are 10 mm narrower than the ST's. VIsually speaking, wider tires would help reduce the car's apparent height.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Uh, people already corrected you in your own thread yet you're still saying they're narrower. The ST and RS have the same width. The ST has a higher sidewall than the RS by 5mm because the ST uses 18" wheels.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
16 Participants
Devon K
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing