Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, no i dont plan on stancing out my car like the one in the picture. I just like the aggressive look and plan on getting a 9.5in wide wheel so the flares will be a must.

Do you think the ones for an ST would fit pretty well? As far as i can tell the body on the sides is practically exactly the same as the ST. Thanks

ford-focus-st-fifteen52-trackster-title.jpg

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Same body so ide say yes, but wait till it comes out before you order flares. I read somewhere that the rear fenders were 3mm wider than standard, but never heard of saw that again.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I bet with a small amount of "massaging" by a body guy that they'd likely work. Probably a slim chance that they'd fit the body exactly "as-is".

·
Registered
56 Posts
Body is exatly the same, so theoretically yes. That was one of the challenges of the car, fitting awd into an existing package. I hope a number of cosmetic items like that are compatible!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm shooting to fit these in 19 x 9.5, on a Stealth Gray RS. I was going to have the fenders rolled professionally, I wouldn't think you'd need to do that extensive of body work with flares and all to fit 9.5"? Am I wrong? I thought 18 x 9.5" fit on the ST with no modification.

http://i.imgur.com/cVYYSm7.jpg?1

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I would say it depends if the flares overlap the bumpers, RS bumpers are different and could affect fitment of ST part on RS.
That was the part I was worried about. Specifically the contours of the rear bumper cover.
2016-Ford-Focus-RS-10.jpg

Hope I'm wrong tho... I'd love to see a few RS' wearing them. Maybe mine if I decide to keep it long term.

·
Registered
284 Posts
uhg! I love the idea of personalizing our RS's, I really do, but, I do flairs on drift rockets ( aka plastic and silliest, aka fast and furious) all the time. I have never installed a set on a car that didn't require mods to the original body components that can not be reversed. More so very, very few fit well. Or even more worst, most of them are a "unfinished thought" at best. They never transition back into the bumpers very well or at all. If you have Nitro blue, nobody is matching that color very well for a year or so until paint companies can formulate a really close match. If nitro blue is not a color that is widely used via thousands and thousands of cars, the effort to get a great match from paint companies is not going to be a priority. I hope Ford gets real supportive to the "upgrade" (or mod) scene. And offers a kit for you. Because as of today the ONLY aftermarket (non manufacture direct) kits worth a flip are the BMW endorsed systems. Outside that, you will need to be okay with a bondo jockey, drilling, cutting and grinding things on your 40,000 dollar baby just to make some... (well to be honest, cheap fiberglass parts made knee deep in a oppressed country) part fit ...... I think I will wait, I'll do a custom wheel package for now to represent my personal taste.

·
Vendor
702 Posts
I am waiting on a local customer to decide if he's going to bring his car down so we can start developing parts by way of Agency Power's fab shop located right here in Arizona at the Vivid Racing facility. We're looking to do turbo back exhaust, some sort of intake, possibly an intercooler and maybe some carbon fiber bits for the engine bay. It depends on how much time we get with the car to see what we can do but exhaust will be first.

I have the Agency Power fender flares in stock so we can check the fitment once we get the car. Keep in mind, to do this properly you will be cutting the fenders in order to make room to fit an 18 or 19x10 wheel with a +10mm offset for the proper look. This will require a custom 3 piece wheel simply because of the offset and 5x108 bolt pattern.

Todd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
VividRacing
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing