Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I may be interested, depends on the amount of work to get them in. Clearing airbag codes, rails, etc.

May want to wait until the car gets here and if the stock seats are comfortable.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The stock seats are the same as FoST - deep tight bolsters probably very snug for wider builds.
Seat base, lumbar etc proportioned for anglo body sizes i.e. taller...better than asian sourced seats for me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Interested in seat mounts and rails.... Not interested in seat as I prefer the seat to not have RS logo on it in case in the future I want to put the seat in another car

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may be interested, depends on the amount of work to get them in. Clearing airbag codes, rails, etc.

May want to wait until the car gets here and if the stock seats are comfortable.
This.

I have no plans on purchasing anything until the car arrives. However, if we have interest and can get the ball rolling ahead of time win-win.

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
Anyone have an idea of what freight would be for these two seats?

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I leave in CA and a really good friend of mine imports stuff from China, I asked him if it would be possible if he can get them from me. He needs more info like a part# dimensions weight and also were are they made. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Who else here is seriously interested in working out a group buy for the European Recaro "RS" branded shell seats? Obviously this wouldn't be cheap but, if we could get enough interest and a retailer willing to work out a discount this may be viable.

So I leave in CA and a really good friend of mine imports stuff from China, I asked him if it would be possible if he can get them from me. He needs more info like a part# dimensions weight and also were are they made. Thanks

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
better than asian sourced seats for me.
I'm not trying to stir up an argument, but the stock seats are Recaro, the shell seats are also Recaro. Both are made in China by a Michigan company (just down the road from me actually). So I'm not sure what you mean by this. I'm thinking that I'm missing something here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd be interested but does anyone know this affect state safety inspections/compliance? I actually really prefer shell seats in general for comfort and the RS seats have the added benefit of looking really nice. But I don't want to risk making the car fail inspection or something.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'd be interested I would at least want to know what the price is. I contacted the Recaro reps in the US and they said I would have to talk to ford to get the OEM seats and ford told me to get stuffed... in polite terms of course.

I don't know about the State Safety Inspections.. except that Florida doesn't have one. I would imagine they would only be concerned with working turn signals/brake lights.... and that your emissions are in check. I don't think they would give a care about a seat unless it was an egg crate with no safety belt.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
About this Discussion
72 Replies
45 Participants
Sparky
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing