Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

I have a relatively short list of things that I really hope the RS has and am wondering what the community is holding out for as well. Here is my short list

350HP: Because Race Car.

Peak TQ around 2,200 RPMs: Any higher and it will start to feel like an Evo and will lose a lot of that great drive-ability that the ST has.

Rev-matching down shifts: So when I am not trying I can still have a smooth ride.

Actual SPORT and DD adjustable dampers: Too many manufacturers have either a million soft settings (even calling on or two of the "race") or it goes the other way and everything is hard. This would sell if for me as a great DD

Next-gen MFT: The current one sucks...like allot

Less than $40k with NAV: Going to have a hard time justifying it if it goes above that.

Homelink (Camptown, OregonRD, Edge Autosport)
Power Memory Driver's Seat (Camptown, OregonRS)
< 3,450lbs curb weight (Crooked Letta)
Fully defeatable everything (Crooked Letta)
Heel-Toe pedal placement (Crooked Letta, Edge Autosport)
Non-108 pattern Wheels (OregonRS)
Euro door protectors (OregonRS)
OEM Camber adjustments (OregonRS)
Heated Seats (Edge Autosport)
Minimal fender gap (Edge Autosport)
Pull to redline (Crooked Letta, Edge Autosport)
OEM Short Shifter (sda3)

Let me know what you think. If we get a bunch of opinions I can start to make a list with the contributors name besides the want/need.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Aside from the major things you mentioned, two creature comforts I would like to see the RS have standard or at least be available, since they aren't on the ST.
Home Link Garage Door Opener, yes you can add it after market as I did on the ST
Power Memory Drivers Seat with exit slide. The driving position for a manual transmission is too close to the wheel to exit and enter the car with the awesome seats in the car.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I honestly don't have much too add from what Ford has told us. The RS for me seems exactly what I could want. I didn't care for AWD but damn did they pull through on this system so I couldn't be happier.

From what we still don't know and really my primary concerns with buying a vehicle would be the achievable performance.

I'm hoping for around 3450lbs and lower for the curb weight.

I would love a larger fuel tank, please don't make it any smaller.

Power would like above 330hp and 345tq, coming on around 2000-2400rpms but needs to keep pulling until redline and not have an huge down hill TQ curve like the ST.

I think the two modes for the dampers will be good for me as long as they go stiff enough but the way Ford words it shouldn't be an issue with having the stiffer setting a track setting.

I would love a few drive modes, but then again with out driving it I may love one particular mode like drift mode and not bother with the rest.

adjustable launch control would be awesome but again may be no need as Ford states it will find the best available traction.

Make sure everything can be defeatable, T/C, ESC ect.

If there are multiple settings I would like either a button to program them to me or have them default to what I set them to when the vehicle is shut off.

Better pedal placement for Heel&Toe, I could care less for auto rev match as I would never use it and really takes the fun out of owning a stick, even if your lazy a good performance car driven correctly will make any situation fun as long as you get it right and the ST works with you to do this, so I would assume the RS will even better.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Homelink garage door opener would be nice as well as the memory seat listed above by Camptown.

As for MFT, it works ok for me in my ST, however I try not to make the system do too much. Rev matching seems to gimmicky if you ask me, I like doing it myself and if I don't want to, we have this funny thing called a clutch and a gear called neutral, try them, they work.

I would like to see:
1) Wheels/hubs that aren't on a 108 pattern so we can actually get more aftermarket wheels.
2) Those really cool door protectors that are on the euro cars
3) Camber adjustment please

·
Registered
16 Posts
ECU needs to be tuneable, or easy enough to reverse engineer so Cobb can work their magic with the access port. That is all.

·
Vendor
76 Posts
Here is my list which echos some of what has already been said.

1). Homelink Mirror
2). Heated Seats
3). Better Pedal Placement for heal/toe (I like to do it myself as well so no need for auto rev match, though I won't be bummed out if it has it)
4). 330hp with north of 350tq and an ecoboost mustang like dyno graph
5). Fender gap to be minimal enough that I don't feel the need to lower it as I think the OE suspension won't be worth replacing for performance reasons.
6). Not an OE feature, but I certainly hope it will be supported by Cobb Tuning

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
If this doesn't happen, I am curious if all the shifter upgrades for the ST will work with the RS. I can't imagine Ford redesigning the wheel for a shifter assembly on the RS...
right? I'd be surprised if that assembly is any different that the 15 ST. If it isn't a short shifter at least we should have options.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
As long as there isn't a difference in shift throws through the gates like the ST I will be happy. I thought about doing a shifter on the ST but I'm happy with my Cobb bracket at 30% and it also solved the difference in throws for the forward gates compared to the rears.

·
Registered
171 Posts
5). Fender gap to be minimal enough that I don't feel the need to lower it as I think the OE suspension won't be worth replacing for performance reasons.
This! I want as low as can be without rolling fenders but the hell if I **** up their engineered suspension or pay $1-$2k for coilovers for a ~1-2" drop...

·
Vendor
76 Posts
This! I want as low as can be without rolling fenders but the hell if I **** up their engineered suspension or pay $1-$2k for coilovers for a ~1-2" drop...
The suspension is what worries me the most. We'll just have to wait and see how good the OE suspension is I guess... May end up being able to get away with only doing springs...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As long as the dampers are better then what we got on the ST I will be happy!
I think the ST dampers are actually quite good for street car OEM dampers. I commute with my ST as well as track and autoX it, I would agree that it is a bit soft from a pure performance perspective, I would be hesitant to firm it up anymore for daily use. This is why I excited for the switchable dampers on on the RS.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I do agree that they are soft, but was referring to their loss of effectiveness since owning the vehicle. I started noticing their ability to control low amplitude movements went way down after 5k, like the vehicle is over-sprung and it is from from over-sprung lol.

I think the ST dampers are actually quite good for street car OEM dampers. I commute with my ST as well as track and autoX it, I would agree that it is a bit soft from a pure performance perspective, I would be hesitant to firm it up anymore for daily use. This is why I excited for the switchable dampers on on the RS.

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
I don't want nav, just that 8" screen with sync3 that supports Auto Home on Android Lollipop. source (even looks to be ST or RS in pic) I'll use my phone for navigation and about to mount phone or sight and control SoloStorm from the dash (if PetrelData gets what ever permissions setup that they need to work in Auto Home mode). Also don't need XM radio or any internet radio from car's system, phone brings all of that.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
20 Participants
ControlNode
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing