Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all who have put in orders in 2015 and have been waiting, this post is going to be a rant to you. I give you credit and apologize for my rant.

A little history - I wanted an RS since I first heard about it coming over to our side of the pond. Also, I work for Ford so the RS was a natural progression from my Mazdaspeed3 to join the Ford family of vehicles. I didn't put in an order until Jan 13, 2016 because my wife really wasn't having it. Then I was diagnosed with something pretty scary so she gave me the go ahead :) I called everywhere to find an allocation at MSRP. No one was having it. I even had an upper management guy from Ford hook me up with a dealer contact who was adamant no one should ever pay over MSRP for a car. When I immediately drove 60 miles to the dealership I was told, ummmm sorry, but they were wrong and were going to have to charge me $3k ADM. Of course, I laughed at them and left. Then I called everywhere I could find within a 500 mile radius and Royal Oak Ford told me to come down immediately to put a down payment on an original allocation. So, even though it was late, I raced over there as not to miss my chance. I was directed to their internet sales manager and the first words out of his mouth, "Yeah, awesome car. We sold all of our 2016 allocations already above MSRP, and if you would like we can put you on the list for a 2017, but I would really like to sell you a GT350." LoL I didn't even say one word, I just got up and left... asshole! Next I raced over to Elder Ford as I was told the same thing, but when I got there, "Sorry, but our allocations are already spoken for, but we can put in an unallocated retail order for you." Sure, what the hell... maybe something will come of it. After my surgery I had a lot of free time and found an allocation at MSRP with Tony Betten Ford in Grand Rapids. Anyone around that area looking for any Ford speak with Jim King, he is the best!! No bull****, straight shooter and will work with you to get you the best price he can on a car. Anyways, I put in the allocated order with deposit Feb 9th, and emailed Elder Ford to cancel my retail order. I was not selected for scheduling until April 7th, and that is where i remain. I check Vehicle Visibility multiple times a day. Well one day I decided to check on Elder Ford, and what do I find. My retail order that was non-allocated has been scheduled to day, and my allocated order still does not have a build date. I was pissed!! I put in a stink to the Zone Manager and everyone else I could find who would listen. I am now being told my car will be built in mid SEPT, but of course vehicle visibility does not show this. So now all I have are questions @FordService:

1. I hear there is going to be a price hike for the Extended Service Plan premium care on the RS sometime later this year. I have a deposit in since Feb. Is there any way to avoid the price hike?

2. Even though my car is going to be build in mid-SEPT (supposedly) and the car will not be delivered until probably Nov-Dec 2016 will I still be getting a 2016MY?

I have been seeing all these posts about people with their RSes and working here at he Ford facilities I see them all the time.

Finally, the point of my post, to add insult to injury this is what I see when I come out of Panda Express for lunch today:
20160720_113106.jpg

Fate is a fickle, fickle thing!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Typical story on our boards, some stories worse than others and some people with perfect scenarios on their order. However, fawk all that ****, I hope that you are able to get you health and the scary situation remedied.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @HemiGoneHatch!! Yeah, it was scary going for a while, but after the surgery margins are clear and all is well, lol and on the bright side at least I was able to finagle an RS out of the deal... now if only I could actually get it :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry for the scary life event. Everybody with an RS is pretty much in the same boat. We've all waited 6 months or more to get our cars. We ordered ours in October, the first allocation for Skalnek Ford. We got this allocation because we were the first customers that asked to be put on the list. (We asked in July of 2015) Bottomline, if you want a car now, go pay over MSRP and find one on the lot. If not, get inline with the rest of us. Good things come to those that wait.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@pdxgeek lol no need to be sorry - I thought it was hilarious too!! That was originally the point of my post a light funny picture, but I guess my disappointment and longing came out and made it way more serious than it was supposed to be.

Imagine being me, parking, going to get lunch, walking out and seeing that next to me.. I was like WTF... cool, but painful!

lol my coworkers laugh at me every day anyways for drooling from a distance at the one parked across from the ITHQ buildings. One of my coworkers even told me to go across the street and make out with it (in a lot more colorful way) :p So their comments made seeing the one parked right next to me in a fairly empty lot all the funnier, like it was following me :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would suggest looking out of state to a less car conscious area or smaller metropolitan areas. This is what I did to Northeastern PA at 560 miles away to get my RS at MSRP. Wish you a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Just glad to hear the surgery went well.

As for that RS parking right beside you, take it as an invitation to practice GTA? ;)

Best of luck on your search.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts