Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the sake of clarity, the report that there will be only 2000 units available here in the States is not fact based.

I've spoken with contacts directly at Ford in a position to comment on build numbers and they have assured me that the production numbers for NA are "well in access of (where have we heard that before!) of 2000 Units

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Its funny how people freak out when ford has said noting officially.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For the sake of clarity, the report that there will be only 2000 units available here in the States is not fact based.

I've spoken with contacts directly at Ford in a position to comment on build numbers and they have assured me that the production numbers for NA are "well in access of (where have we heard that before!) of 2000 Units
And they have said it will be less than the 13' run of ST's which was 13,575 and they have also stated that "Ford has the capacity to make as many RS's needed to meet the demand..."

·
Registered
716 Posts

BUUUT the report that they will be "well in access of 2000 units" is about as truthful as the other people on here saying they've talked to "their Ford guy" who said it would be 2000 units. :p Really its all hearsay.

Regardless we wont know for a while how many units are in store for the US, but man I hope your guy is right.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not Hersay. This come from someone in a position to know. What I'm addressing is that there will be more than 2k.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Now a new rumor will pop up that will get everybody's panties in a bunch. Lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here is what I am referring to which is not hearsay....."Paul Seredynski of Ford Marketing and Team RS Engineers John Wicks, and Omar Odeh answer questions from RS Nations members.

Q: Production numbers? What will production be globally and for North America?
A: Not able to comment on that at this time but initial run will be less than the STs first year. That was roughly 13K, so less than that. But, Ford has the capacity to make as many RSs needed to meet the demand.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Not Hersay. This come from someone in a position to know. What I'm addressing is that there will be more than 2k.
Not trying to sound like a d*ck or anything, but to us on this forum its technically hearsay. Anonymous forum member with their mysterious contact at Ford. I personally believe your info because I refuse to believe there will only be 2k units.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is what I am referring to which is not hearsay....."Paul Seredynski of Ford Marketing and Team RS Engineers John Wicks, and Omar Odeh answer questions from RS Nations members.

Q: Production numbers? What will production be globally and for North America?
A: Not able to comment on that at this time but initial run will be less than the STs first year. That was roughly 13K, so less than that. But, Ford has the capacity to make as many RSs needed to meet the demand.
I am RSNation. I am the one that was there and conducted the interview. I'm hear to spend the information for the good of the order.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not trying to sound like a d*ck or anything, but to us on this forum its technically hearsay. Anonymous forum member with their mysterious contact at Ford. I personally believe your info because I refuse to believe there will only be 2k units.

Glad you put that qualifier there to make it clear that your not trying to be a ****. I created this thread to undo any damage I may have done buying into the false information that there will be only 2000 units in NA.

Take it or leave it re the information but a search of my user name will lead you to solid information.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Glad you put that qualifier there to make it clear that your not trying to be a ****. I created this thread to undo any damage I may have done buying into the false information that there will be only 2000 units in NA.

Take it or leave it re the information but a search of my user name will lead you to solid information.
Chill, I've seen some good info from you. I've stated that before. And I didnt know you are RSNation, so theres that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I myself is going for the Final Edition Evolution for now. Maybe after a year or two I'll go for the 2nd year Focus RS or a Golf 400r or something after first year bugs.

Unless it's a one year run special, 2000+ is not really that bad. BMW 1m was under 1000, Cayman GT4 around 1000, and 1600 for the last Evo.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Unless it's a one year run special, 2000+ is not really that bad. BMW 1m was under 1000, Cayman GT4 around 1000, and 1600 for the last Evo.
1,800 units for the MazdaSpeed3 and I ended up going home with TWO of them in 2010, and those cars were much cheaper and more obtainable to the masses than the stuff you just listed, and there were still plenty to go around. It is a niche car, just like the more expensive RS will be.
Even if there were only 2,000 units FoRS @ $40k. a piece, I think we'd all still get our desired vehicle.

Just an observation, and of course I could be wrong...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm waiting for the thread with all the ridiculous ADM people are seeing from greedy dealers LOL /popcorn

·
Registered
32 Posts
The EVO had a roughly 2,000 car/year production during its first year. I purchased mine a few months after it came out well under MSRP during its first production year. Unless you want the very first ones, you should have no problem getting one at a decent price.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts