Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2961 - 2980 of 2980 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Going in on Monday to have the Service Bulletin done on the head gasket. The rep called me back today and they do have the parts in stock to do the work. It sounds like Ford sent stock to the dealerships to prep for this. I'm 2600 miles in so I doubt that I need a head (no symptoms of problems) but I definitely have the older head gasket ( November '16 build date). I'll also see if they will take pictures of the new headgasket prior to going in and the old head gasket.
View attachment 259306
Funny you say that. I called yesterday and my dealership told me to call back in a couple weeks because they can't get the parts and don't know how long it'll take to get them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer wants me to go in on Saturday for an inspection before they order the parts. I'm guessing they're going to determine if it's just the gasket or the head as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ford Focus RS Finally Gets a Recall for Head Gasket Issue

Ford Focus RS owners are finally getting a fix after almost a year of complaints online.

According to a post on Reddit, the American automaker is recalling 2016-2017 Ford Focus RShatchbacks with potentially faulty head gaskets, so they can be replaced free of charge. The affected vehicles in the recall were built from August 3, 2015 through July 6, 2017 and will include title branded and salvaged vehicles. The customer letter being sent out says 'the cylinder headgasket may develop a coolant leak into the engine combustion chamber,' which may cause noticeable white smoke and/or low coolant without external leaks.
Read more about the Ford Focus RS Finally Gets a Recall for Head Gasket Issue at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Its Real! The "Service Orders" to check head gasket and repair!!! Woodland Hills CA

recall.JPG recall.JPG recall.JPG

Its VERY REAL!
Im booked for Monday 29th. Vista Ford - Woodland Hills CA. 2016 RS.

I have not got recall letter but Steve Paul my sales guy who's been helping me advised me its REAL.

Service Department was aware of the entire issue!

YAY to Ford!!!

:rapture:

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
I'm not sure how true that is because both of my dealerships said they have to order from one of two kit numbers (one is just the HG, the other is the HG + cylinder head) based on the results of the cooldown test.

If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXnvTwRBrgc

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
My dealer wants me to go in on Saturday for an inspection before they order the parts. I'm guessing they're going to determine if it's just the gasket or the head as well.
Just dropped mine off at the dealer. They will run test in morning.

You are correct, they have to perform test to determine which kit gets ordered. I was told that parts get ordered after testing is performed because an actual VIN has to be assigned to order. Because an actual VIN has to be assigned to order, the parts guy said he is not sure how other dealers can get parts in to just stock.

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
2961 - 2980 of 2980 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.