Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear COBB,

Any plans for an exhaust system for the RS? If so, any rough ETA? Not super thrilled with the cat backs that are out so far..

There is only one other company I'm interested in seeing come to market for an exhaust system, but I'm holding onto the hope you get there sooner!!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Seriously @COBB Tuning. The only exhaust I like so far is from England and they don't ship to the US =(

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
That is by far the best cold start I have heard out of one of these so far...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Haha was about to say, they are in the works of designing one now. Will be interesting what design they eventually come up with

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Seriously? Go listen to a Focus ST with a CBE/TBE.

My buddy has just a Borla CBE and it sounds pretty good, IMO, for a 4 banger. Certainly better than any of the current aftermarket RS CBEs.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Seriously? Go listen to a Focus ST with a CBE/TBE.

My buddy has just a Borla CBE and it sounds pretty good, IMO, for a 4 banger. Certainly better than any of the current aftermarket RS CBEs.
Listened to a few clips, to me it sounds more muffled than even the stock RS catback? Definitely deeper and not as raspy, maybe that's what you mean by meaty?

·
Vendor
25 Posts
We do indeed have a cat-back exhaust for the Focus RS in the works. The first prototype, which is heard in our Instagram Postfrom last week, is made out of titanium. Depending on cost, we may move forward with a titanium option in addition to the typical stainless steel exhausts you're used to seeing from COBB.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Omg , ti would cost as much as the car before ADM

People are already whining about mountune $1300 system, imagine a ti one. They don't want to sell many exhaust, huh? Lol

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
You get what you pay for...

I've installed countless Cobb exhausts and the fit and finish is always right on par. Sounds the best as well IMO.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Every day I scour the internet for an update on this exhaust, and every day I am disappointed =(

1 - 20 of 62 Posts