Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was detailing my new car thoroughly for the first time this past weekend, and while taking in all the little nuances of the design and engineering, I noticed that with the way the exhaust tips are angled, if water splashes into them, it will tend to roll inside, rather than spill back out.

Assuming Ford had probably thought of this when designing the exhaust system, I looked more closely at the exhaust tip on the left side of the car (the one with the valve on it) and sure enough, right around the point where the chrome shrouding on the tip ends, on the bottom of the pipe, there's a tiny pinhole to allow water to drain out before it goes deeper into the exhaust system. "Makes sense," I thought.

I expected to find a similar pinhole on the exhaust tip on the right side of the car in the same place, but was surprised to find that there actually wasn't one.

I've searched the forum, and couldn't find any posts relating to the exhaust drain holes, so I thought I'd ask, to satisfy my own curiosity- does anyone else see a drain hole that would prevent water from entering the exhaust system on the right side exhaust tip? Am I missing a drain hole?

-Nate

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Mine doesn't have the drain on the right side tip either. I assume Ford was more concerned about causing issues with the valve on the left, because there's always exhaust flow on the right so it'll just push any water out immediately.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus RS
2 Posts
Hey sorry I couldn’t write on your other post. I was looking to get those exact wet okole RS seat covers you sold. Do you know if I can order them straight from the website or did you have to put them together?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey sorry I couldn’t write on your other post. I was looking to get those exact wet okole RS seat covers you sold. Do you know if I can order them straight from the website or did you have to put them together?
I ordered them straight from the Wet Okole website. When you order them, the website will ask you what colors and options you want (piping, pockets, etc.) and that's how you customize them to your liking. It's pretty straightforward. The only minor complication was the RS logo. I had to request that in the "Notes" section of the order.

Here are all the details from my invoice, since you said you're looking for the same thing:

Code
Product
Quantity
Price/Ea.
Total
ford_focus_seat_covers-Full-Piping​
Ford Focus Full Piping Seat Covers​
1​
$0.00​
$0.00​
QUESTIONS-SOURCE: FocusRS.org member VaderRS​
QUESTIONS-YEAR: 2016​
Front-Style: Bucket​
$318.00​
$318.00​
Mid-Style: None​
Rear-Style: 60-40​
$349.00​
$349.00​
Main-Seat-Cover-Color: 12 SOLID BLACK​
Piping-Color: 19 ROYAL​
ORDER-SWATCH: No​
Logo: None​
GRAPHIC-PART-NUMBER: None​
Logo-Color: NONE​
ACCESSORIES-Map-Pocket: Both-Seats​
$28.00​
$28.00​
QUESTIONS-Airbag: 2 Airbags​
QUESTIONS-Series: RS​
QUESTIONS-DOORS: 4​
QUESTIONS-LUMBAR-SUPPORT: Electric​
QUESTIONS-Electric-Seats: Driver-Seat​
QUESTIONS-Seat-Material: Leather​
QUESTIONS-Rear-Head-Rest: 3​
QUESTIONS-Fold-Down-Armrest-Rear: No​
Note: These covers are for a 2016 Ford Focus RS with the RS2 seats. The front seats contain bolster-mounted airbags. Please include the "RS" logo on the front seat covers (+$39).​
Shipping: FedEx Ground (4-5 Weeks to ship.):
$40.00​
Sales Tax:
$0.00​
Total:
$735.00

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can’t believe you still have all the info! Thank you so much! I really appreciate you doing that! I was afraid that I would order something wrong. Thank you!
Haha, I was able to find it in my archived e-mails. I try to avoid deleting old e-mails because you never know when you might need to refer back to something. Anyway, happy to help! Hope you enjoy your seat covers. I loved mine. They did their job well and looked great.

I will say that the installation of the front seat covers was a bit of a pain since the fit is snug (which is a good thing) but mostly because it's really cramped underneath the seats. Also, the factory seat upholstery is attached to the seat via little loops of elastic that are looped around the attachment points on a pair of electrical connectors found underneath the seat bottoms. I remember that in order to get the Wet Okole seat covers installed and hooked onto the seat bottom properly, I had to temporarily take those elastic loops off, which in turn required temporarily disconnecting those two electrical connectors on each seat. It wasn't a difficult task in and of itself, but the fact that they were on the underside of the seats made visibility a real challenge. The connectors also had little safety clips that had to be removed first, then a release tab that had to be pressed while pulling to disconnect the two sides of the connector. Then the process had to be reversed to put them back together. My phone's selfie camera came in handy for the process, since it was the best way to be able to see what I was doing. I was able to figure it out, and it was all worth it in the end, but it was a bit of a pain. Hopefully it won't be the middle of summer when you're doing yours...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts