Votes: 18 10.9%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 55 33.3%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wish full thinking but a $$ exhaust will not make your EcoBoost sound like that V8 Audi, don't disappoint yourself comparing Apples to Apple Pie....maybe 2 EcoBoost joined at the hip:D
since the car already has a valved exhaust for varying amounts of noise I hope Armytrix makes a catback setup. Would be thousands of dollars but totally worth it! If you are unfamiliar with them do your ears a favor and check them out :) I can watch their testing videos all night haha

Reactions: Zeroescence

·
Registered
504 Posts
Obviously not! They have systems for the GTI and R that sounds nice as well as a few other brands that are valves for that car. It's a nice concept because the WRX I had was extremely loud after I put the exhaust on it to the point that after a year of it I was tired of it so it will be nice to be able to open it up and make it nice and loud and then hit a button and get it quiet again or quieter

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'd like to see what Milltek puts out. If it's anything like their previous work, it's gonna sound great.
+1

A coworker/friend has a '15 ST with a Milltek and it looks/sounds awesome, which makes me excited to see what they're going to make for the RS.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Keep in mind that the drive modes change the exhaust note and the car is tuned that way for a reason, I don't know if you would screw up your settings by changing anything on yer exhaust other than down pipe or tips.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Keep in mind that the drive modes change the exhaust note and the car is tuned that way for a reason, I don't know if you would screw up your settings by changing anything on yer exhaust other than down pipe or tips.
Changing a downpipe would cause much more of an effect on your car (in terms of performance/fueling) than changing a muffler.

It looks like all that's controlled by the drive mode is whether the baffle at the Y going into the muffler is open or closed.

·
Banned
346 Posts
Be Honest.....Who's gonna be the first to install a larger/louder exhaust?

Be Honest.....Who's gonna be the first to install a larger/louder exhaust?

I know there's SOMEONE out there somewhere that wants their car as loud as possible, no matter how loud it may already be..........

So who's already thinking about ripping out that muffler???

·
Registered
100 Posts
"Raises hand slowly"

I'm going to be going catless as soon as someone can get me a downpipe made.
I Just love being able to hear that turbo whistle at all times.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
"Raises hand slowly"

I'm going to be going catless as soon as someone can get me a downpipe made.
I Just love being able to hear that turbo whistle at all times.
You don't need to make your car smell like diarrhea to hear the turbo. In fact, aftermarket intakes will do more for turbo sound than removing the cat. This is coming from a person that has had to add a catalytic converter to every car that I've owned because some dumbass previous owner has removed it. You're not gaining much (if any) power. You're not losing much (if any) sound. But you are gaining a lot of fun smells and a lot of highway droning. Something something no better than rolling coal something environment whatever. And for the record, my state has neither inspections nor emissions tests.

To answer the question, if this were an ST I would remove the resonator, but Ford has already done that. I'd have to hear it in person before I make any further decision, but there's always the possibility of keeping the exhaust solenoid open.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I removed it on my ST and actually gained a pretty good amount with that, a custom tune and a intake made a huge difference. Also, I don't mind the smell and honestly I never smelled it anyway.. You loose a ton of sound with the cat. I have drove my ST with stock, catted dp and catless dp and catless made the most difference. Sorry I like what I like but it does not make me a dumbass for liking it.

Reactions: Robin Watson

·
Registered
128 Posts
You don't need to make your car smell like diarrhea to hear the turbo
Your response seems a little extreme. I run catless downpipes on my 335i, they have been proven to provide significant power increase, and I certainly smell no "diarrhea". Exhaust note at steady speed hasn't changed, slightly more growl under acceleration. Not every removed catalytic converter instantly destroys a vehicle.

Reactions: DestinStaff

·
Banned
346 Posts
You don't need to make your car smell like diarrhea to hear the turbo. In fact, aftermarket intakes will do more for turbo sound than removing the cat. This is coming from a person that has had to add a catalytic converter to every car that I've owned because some dumbass previous owner has removed it. You're not gaining much (if any) power. You're not losing much (if any) sound. But you are gaining a lot of fun smells and a lot of highway droning. Something something no better than rolling coal something environment whatever. And for the record, my state has neither inspections nor emissions tests.

To answer the question, if this were an ST I would remove the resonator, but Ford has already done that. I'd have to hear it in person before I make any further decision, but there's always the possibility of keeping the exhaust solenoid open.
LMAO!!!! @You don't need to make your car smell like diarrhea to hear the turbo. Like what the hell!?!?!?!? lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'll probably just wire that baffle to open. Should be incredibly easy to force 12 (or 5) volts to it on key on. That, or someone can get the BCM cracked and do it through the software to avoid any idiot lights.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'll probably just wire that baffle to open. Should be incredibly easy to force 12 (or 5) volts to it on key on. That, or someone can get the BCM cracked and do it through the software to avoid any idiot lights.
This is my plan to start. I'm one of those people who cringes at the thought of uneven wear when one is closed :topsy_turvy:

I wonder if you could just open it, and then unplug it. We'll have to see.

Reactions: Cam
41 - 60 of 119 Posts