Votes: 55 33.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are your plans?

For those that going aftermarket, who do you hope offers systems?

P.s. I would like to go aftermarket to amplify the infamous "pops and burbles!" and get more depth overall from the note. I hope Borla offers something nice, I don't need something way over the top, just a little extra oomph, borla does a good job of keeping things classy imo.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I wonder how the 2.3EB will sound with big cams and titanium exhaust. No, seriously I will keep it stock.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
this question seems a bit raw, may need to toss it back on the bbq. Not one person has heard the exhaust live while driven in anger.
I would only upgrade the exhaust if there were gains to be made.
save that big titanium can with the blue tip for the 240 scene.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Hopefully cp-e gets in on the rs and offers a catted dp

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
My plan is to just change the downpipe. This way I can still retain the variable exhaust just everything will be a bit more amplified in both modes.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
save that big titanium can with the blue tip for the 240 scene.
Lol. I hope no one would do that here, but since we have some Subaru defectors I wouldn't be surprised. If I was going titanium it would look more like this from Akrapovic:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm Subaru defector and I'm keeping it stock. Unless for some reason it's obnoxious as hell in real life. I hope sport mode doesn't sound like a fart cannon on the outside... Judging by videos I've seen, I'm a bit scared tbh lol.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I need the exhaust to be as deep in tone as possible and no rasp or tin can resonance. Hopefully a dowpipe will take care of that, if not, I'll have to find something that will do it.

But we all have to hear the car first, otherwise it's just speculation

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm Subaru defector and I'm keeping it stock. Unless for some reason it's obnoxious as hell in real life. I hope sport mode doesn't sound like a fart cannon on the outside... Judging by videos I've seen, I'm a bit scared tbh lol.
Subaru defector here also, I had a 2.25in Avo exhaust on my 08 WRX with a fully built motor with cams. I loved that it was quiet until a got into it, never made the neighbors upset but if I got into you knew I was there. Don't think I am going catless as newer model cars are not really restrictive. Will probably leave it stock.

I'm going to miss the subaru rumble though, best 4 cylinder sound ever IMO.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Subaru defector here also, I had a 2.25in Avo exhaust on my 08 WRX with a fully built motor with cams. I loved that it was quiet until a got into it, never made the neighbors upset but if I got into you knew I was there. Don't think I am going catless as newer model cars are not really restrictive. Will probably leave it stock.

I'm going to miss the subaru rumble though, best 4 cylinder sound ever IMO.
definitely the deepest, best 4 cylinder sound. I had a 3" tbe with one high flow cat and it was awesome. First with a Perrin that ended up droning after a few years so I swapped the cbe portion for a maddad whisper which was perfect imo.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I need the exhaust to be as deep in tone as possible and no rasp or tin can resonance. Hopefully a dowpipe will take care of that, if not, I'll have to find something that will do it.

Yeah all these YouTube clips aren't too useful no matter what speakers you use to hear it. The sound is always compressed. The finally say will have to happen after hearing it in person.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've never heard a 4-cylinder that made an exhaust note that I *liked*, so definitely stock unless I make it quieter. I like intake noise from 4 and 6 cylinders, exhaust/intake from V8 and up.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I need the exhaust to be as deep in tone as possible and no rasp or tin can resonance. Hopefully a downpipe will take care of that, if not, I'll have to find something that will do it.

+1.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I've never heard a 4-cylinder that made an exhaust note that I *liked*, so definitely stock unless I make it quieter. I like intake noise from 4 and 6 cylinders, exhaust/intake from V8 and up.
I like the sound of my S2000 with an Invidia exhaust :cool:

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
441 Posts
I like the sound of my S2000 with an Invidia exhaust :cool:

YMMV,

MidCow3
I really like the sound that the Invidia CAI gives the F20C... Just havent been crazy about any of the exhausts I've heard. Mine has the AEM V2 intake that the previous owner put on, but I've actually not added any aftermarket parts, just changed out several aging bits for OEM parts.

Edit: just saw from your sig that yours has the F22C, but same idea =]

1 - 20 of 119 Posts