Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although it would be nice to live close to other RS owners, it's no big deal because I would drive a long distance to hang out with others, especially once the Mods start. Having said that, I am quite giddy about not seeing anyone within a 3 hour drive on the Member Map. What you think?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was visiting a friend at the AFB in North Little Rock area in my STi and everyone and their brother wanted to run with me. You should be quite the target. There's something nice about acknowledging one of the few other driver's of a rare vehicle when you see one, but being the only one is ... well, it's being the only one.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Although it would be nice to live close to other RS owners, it's no big deal because I would drive a long distance to hang out with others, especially once the Mods start. Having said that, I am quite giddy about not seeing anyone within a 3 hour drive on the Member Map. What you think?
Does anybody live within 3 hours of NLR anyways? Lol…if that was NY, NY then maybe some bragging rights. Again lol

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I had#3822 of 4000some svt focus made in 02. I drove that car daily for 10years until I got my st. In 04 a guy up the street bought one, same color but 4 door. The first 2 times I saw him on the road I waved but he didnt wave back. I never waved again. Maybe he didnt know the car was rare? As far as production #'s go.... I'll be happier if they produce 2500 in 16 and 4000 in 17

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have never parked or driven next another RS clone,but have been to NZ's home and seen his clone. Get used to people hang their heads and their cameras out their windows and slowing down traffic because your car will become a spectacle trust me. Summer 16 will require a 2 nd driver to cars and coffee. NZ will need a second driver as well, can't just leave one of them at home .

·
Registered
197 Posts
Me and another member on this forum as we found out in the NY Thread live like at most 10 min's from each other lol, so i expect ill run into him quite a bit! :cool:

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have 2 coworkers within 10 feet of me with RSs on order. All three are different colors.

·
Registered
898 Posts
RSs will be around in the bay area but rare. I don't think I'm ready for the attention I'm about to get. I figure if there's 50 dealers with 2 allocations each, 100 cars in the millions of cars on the roads here, it won't be a frequent event to see my fellow RS owner. That being said, there are other RS owners within a 5 miles radius of where I live, so you never know.

It'll just be so cool to have a 2016, I really can't wait. I feel like a kid at Christmas every day :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
even with a roundtrip commute of over 100 miles I doubt I'll see more than 20 cars a day and even then I'll likely never see another RS.

·
Registered
848 Posts
You just need to convince a fourth to have a while set. Then park email next to each other.
Posted from your smartphone I presume? I'll put up some flyers around the office. "Now accepting new members."

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm sure it's going to be something like this - I'll daily mine 25k miles a year and see another RS maybe once or twice, but if I'm riding in someone else's car I will see and RS every time. Although I know there are a handful coming to the Philly area so hopefully we'll be able to get them together.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think it Would be cool to know your the only one in a decent sized area, especially if other people tried or know what it is. I don't think i will have that problem in So-Cal, i see multiple ST's every day, also don't know if there is another area that got more allocations considering every one here drives an STI.

What i think is strange is that i have only seen 1 new Golf R. Thought there would be a lot more of those around.

either way can't wait to get the car. And i really hope that if i see another one on the road, that person better wave back to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
15 Participants
Alltak8
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing