1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
141 Posts
I went to that link, didn't see the new info. Where is it? The article in the link merely says that they expect no less than 345bhp because of the MK2 RS500.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They previously said it was confirmed, they changed the article. Sorry everyone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically same article, but they said Ford confirmed 345 BHP, not speculation. Same video. They also posted it on their FB saying it was confirmed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The EVO video is probably the coolest thing posted about the RS so far. But their photographers need to not take pictures of cars with fisheye lenses. It ruins the proportions of the car.

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
It looks like they have changed the article multiple times today. This morning it did say that Evo confirmed 345hp. It looks like they have gone back on that, and that post on the ford site may indeed be a "typo" although it still said it this morning.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It looks like they have changed the article multiple times today. This morning it did say that Evo confirmed 345hp. It looks like they have gone back on that, and that post on the ford site may indeed be a "typo" although it still said it this morning.
It still says it now. Around 24 hours after they were prompted to comment about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Will the engine be an inline, or transverse?

I would think that for AWD, it would have to be Inline, but then again, Audi has their TT w/AWD, and it is a Transverse engine.

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Yeah, I understand the debate. Ford also said it will more power than any Focus RS before it, does that include the RS500? If including the RS500 the 345/350 numbers are likely really close to the target, if not under it. This like the price are matters that only time will tell though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Top Speed is saying this:

2016 Ford Focus RS Will NOT Have 345 Horsepower | car News @ Top Speed

The guesstimation of the power output kinda reminds me of some of those will it void my warranty threads in other sites.
In my opinion, that headline is incorrect, and verges on clickbait. The Ford spokesperson said that the quoted figure is inaccurate and that "[they] are still in testing phases, but [they] are guaranteeing it will at least be over 315 hp. [Their] final numbers will come closer to launch." Guaranteeing that it'll be at least over 315hp is a very vague and safe guarantee by at least 20hp, after all nobody wants to go back and retract statements made to the public. This doesn't mean that it will NOT have 345hp, it just means that the quoted figure is inaccurate because they are still in testing phases and they don't yet know the exact hp figure. Maybe it'll end up as 345, maybe 348, maybe 352. It could also end up at a figure less than 345 - hence the cover-your-ass statement.

Also, there is a user on the Focus ST forum (Loki C346) who has Ford insider information. He made a comparison by using the heights of buildings as analogies.

"If you guys want to settle the debate of what "well" means... it's pretty much the same as saying the height of the thirty-second tallest building in Denver is well in excess of the height of the tenth tallest building in Serbia."

Look it up :)

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
This hp output speculation is driving me and I bet others crazy, so in that manner here's another article on the subject.

New Ford Focus RS is even more powerful

More of the same old stuff but this does have a lot more photos.

I still wonder why Loki C346 hasn't made it over here? Must be that he'd be bombarded with questions similar to that over in the FoST forum.

·
Registered
288 Posts
He made a comparison by using the heights of buildings as analogies.

"If you guys want to settle the debate of what "well" means... it's pretty much the same as saying the height of the thirty-second tallest building in Denver is well in excess of the height of the tenth tallest building in Serbia."

Look it up :)
Just shy of of 28 feet

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yup, and Loki (if he's credible) seems very confident in the hints that he carefully parcels out. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Yup, and Loki (if he's credible) seems very confident in the hints that he carefully parcels out. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.
He is very credible, from the hints he has given us before. He confirmed my guesses on engine modifications a long time ago but in his own way lol.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Actually, what you really want ... is for the car to actually have more horsepower and torque than is specified ( more than 350 Hp) ...and tell the insurance companies "it's just a Ford Focus. (315 Hp would work) .... lower insurance rates.

... Actually this thread and the others are pretty humorous ...all the speculations ... all the side threads just to say something .... and the real reality is that many if not most on this forum will actually never get a Focus RS .... But hey, it is always nice to have a dream car right ;)
and everyone can have an opinion and be an arm-chair car expert.

Then there are some like me, that will actually buy (assuming my car buying source works and I can get why I want without ADM ..MSRP is as high as I am willing to pay and the fully loaded target for me that I would like to see is 40K.. could go higher but don't really want to- PLEASE LISTEN FORD BEAN COUNTERS! )

My first new car was 365 Hp, yes that was pre-smog gross horsepower. ... I think I need to get back to a 350 or better, maybe 365 Net Horsepower :cool:

Best of luck to everyone on their individual RS quests!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
14 Participants
Ocysp
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing