Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What wheel specs do you run and how much clearance do you have from wheel to strut? Thanks in advance! Got some 19x9.5 et 37 wheels on order and wanna make sure I don’t hit the suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm running 18x9 +39 w/ 265/35r18 4S. I just put that in a calculator compared to 265/30r19 and it says you'd be .08" closer to the strut. I'm pretty sure I have a lot more than .1" of space between the tire and the coilover, which is already gives a lot more room than the stock struts/springs. So you should be fine.

My issue with the FA's is they ride like 1" lower than mountunes, even at max height. Top of the tire is tucked under the fender. Even at max camber with my setup, I was rubbing the fender and the fender liner itself when wheels were turned. FA was able to modify the front coilover bodies to add 40mm of length, now they sit a hair higher than it did with Mountune springs and all rubbing issues are gone.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running 18x9 +39 w/ 265/35r18 4S. I just put that in a calculator compared to 265/30r19 and it says you'd be .08" closer to the strut. I'm pretty sure I have a lot more than .1" of space between the tire and the coilover, which is already gives a lot more room than the stock struts/springs. So you should be fine.

My issue with the FA's is they ride like 1" lower than mountunes, even at max height. Top of the tire is tucked under the fender. Even at max camber with my setup, I was rubbing the fender and the fender liner itself when wheels were turned. FA was able to modify the front coilover bodies to add 40mm of length, now they sit a hair higher than it did with Mountune springs and all rubbing issues are gone.
I’ll actually be running 235/35/19 tires lol so I believe they should fit pretty nicely as far as getting into contact with the suspension. And yes it’s about 8mm more inset than your specs

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I’ll actually be running 235/35/19 tires lol so I believe they should fit pretty nicely as far as getting into contact with the suspension. And yes it’s about 8mm more inset than your specs

You're going to stretch a 235 on a 9.5" rim?..... I had 245's on my 9" and hated the stretched look, i can't imagine even more. If you're going with 235's, why would you even bother with a 9.5" rim? Should just keep the stock size/offset and you won't have to worry about rubbing.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're going to stretch a 235 on a 9.5" rim?..... I had 245's on my 9" and hated the stretched look, i can't imagine even more. If you're going with 235's, why would you even bother with a 9.5" rim? Should just keep the stock size/offset and you won't have to worry about rubbing.

Yes reason being is how low I am. I rub slightly on dips so I feel like stretching a little more should tuck the tire in a little more and prevent the rub along with a very slight raise in ride height

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay guys, I have a definite answer!
19x9.5 et37 will clear the strut on fortune auto 500.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
Paul932RS
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing