Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing a lot people getting frustrated that their order has not been scheduled yet. Some think it means that they're not getting an allocation. Others are contemplating cancelling their orders. Relax. We are all very early in this process. The majority of allocations have not been scheduled yet. We can't all be first. Remember that the first orders should arrive in February, but many will be as late as May. If you're losing your cheese already, its going to be a very long Winter for you. Some of us will not see our order scheduled until January, heck maybe February. Somebody has to be last (probably me :mad:).

Let's all take a deep breath. Serenity now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If I'm last, so be it. I'll still enjoy hearing all about it from you guys and letting the anticipation build. If I didn't already have a car that I liked, it would be a different story, but the ST will hold me over.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am happy to wait patiently, it took a while to get my VOC and I am still waiting for a DORA, but that is okay because my salesman confirmed in writing that I have an allocation. All I needed was confirmation that a car was mine, now I can relax and wait for delivery. Anyone who is being impatient, just ask your salesman or dealership to confirm in writing that you do have an allocation and hopefully this will help you sleep at night knowing all you have to do is wait for delivery.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Agree with what is stated above. Personally, I hope mine doesn't get scheduled to be built before end of February/beginning of March. Looking towards May/Jun delivery. Yes, then it can be almost 2017 model and talks about depreciation and 2016 vs. 2017 model but honestly, I don't plan on selling the car any time soon, if at all. And I don't want to have double payment on my current lease and new purchase. Simple as that. Call me crazy :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
As others have said, I don't mind waiting. Gives me more time to save, bigger down payment less money to finance. :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Winter would be really awkward to receive the car anyway, as I'd suddenly need to purchase winter wheels and tires before I could even drive the car off the lot - an expense of a couple grand. Add to that a suddenly urgent need for winter-proofing, and my plans of getting XPEL and OptiCoat piling up all at the same time.

OP, I would bet most of us are chill, but a vocal minority is freaking out :p

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Reasons why I'm fine with waiting (mine hasn't been scheduled yet, but I know it's allocated):

1. I'd rather have clear (snow, salt, sand) roads when it arrives. My dealer is ~165 miles from my detailer.
2. I doubt much will happen, but maybe some modifications will shake out if I have to wait an extra 2 months or so.
3. Maybe some people will realize "should have, could have, would haves" that they wish they did right at pickup.

Also, remember that these cars are coming from Germany. Just because your car is built January 4th, it may sit in a lot waiting on more RS's and more of us will receive them at the same time despite one build date being a month or so earlier.

·
Registered
898 Posts
From what I understand, dealers are to receive their vehicles based on a lottery system so as not to saturate a given region. For all intents and purposes, the dealer was given a time frame in which to expect the car. Mine is mid-February and that is when I expect the car unless there are any delays.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm young and am like the on the opposite spectrum of the "ages" here who should have more patience than I myself (TWUNNNY ONE?!?! LOL). I'd actually prefer to receive the car in April/May. I second the OP's notion of "whats the point in the Winter" along with the fact that I want to stack up the biggest down payment I can (yes I don't have very many bills lol, so each week longer helps more).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for trying to inject some sanity here. From my perspective (its my first post here but I've been reading for months), people are just not sure if their order will really get them a car eventually. The limited production of this car and the abysmal dealership experience is creating a lot of frustration for prospective buyers. If Ford would be a bit more transparent about how many cars they have the capacity/plan to build for each region, I think people would calm down a bunch.

~SC

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Thanks for trying to inject some sanity here. From my perspective (its my first post here but I've been reading for months), people are just not sure if their order will really get them a car eventually. The limited production of this car and the abysmal dealership experience is creating a lot of frustration for prospective buyers. If Ford would be a bit more transparent about how many cars they have the capacity/plan to build for each region, I think people would calm down a bunch.

~SC
That would make to much sense. And Dealers and Salesman couldn't charge these ridiculous ADM on the RS. It's an awesome marketing plan by just releasing bits of information on the RS or none at all. Makes people want something they can't seem to get even more. As I stated earlier were gonna all need DEEP THERAPY after all of this.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am definitely guilty of early panic mode syndrome. It's true they have thousands of cars to schedule and I'm sure it's not easy and they have to do it in some sort of way that makes sense options regions etc...

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I also dont mind waiting until spring. Gives me more time for the down payment I want especially since some financial stuff just came up. Also I don't want to revert to snow tires right away and my detailer doesn't open up shop again until spring so no cquartz etc

·
Registered
23 Posts
I still dont think that many people want this car, I plan on getting one but rather wait for reviews from the media and magazines. I just don't see this car being as limited as everyone believes

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm on the opposite side of panic...panic if it comes too early. I said it before, why would Ford ship a car with SUMMER tires as standard in the middle of winter? Should be some liability there. How many cars built in a typical week? How many fit on a ship? How frequent do the ships sail? How long total trip time from Germany to states? I don't believe the mid-Febuary date for delivery at all. That would mean first week build is immediately put on a ship and sent with haste.

Does anyone know if the cars will be picked by color. One week blue, one week black, one white, one grey or just random.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
32 Participants
dkirby
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing