Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a long shot, but do you think Ford MoCo would consider making this an option for RS owners? I sure would love taking the RS around Europe *cough*Nurburgring*cough*

I know BMW, Porsche offer it, so I figure its a long shot. But I think it would be pretty incredible to drive this thing on the roads it was truly designed for. I think they actually mentioned this specifically about the FoRS on the most recent The Smoking Tire Podcast.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Asked. Not going to happen. Ford hasn't got the infrastructure for it.
I doubt that's the reason but I agree that it's not going to happen. They have dealers and a delivery system in place so the infrastructure is there, all they would need is to set up the procedures.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Direct quote from chief of marketing. They don't have the infrastructure as in they are not set up to do a European delivery program akin to what Volvo and BMW do

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a blast in my base focus 1.0 ecoboost rental car around europe in may. 2500 miles and 6 countries. It's actually what turned me onto the focus platform. I imagine a euro delivery with a focus rs would be that much better.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a blast in my base focus 1.0 ecoboost rental car around europe in may. 2500 miles and 6 countries. It's actually what turned me onto the focus platform. I imagine a euro delivery with a focus rs would be that much better.
Is that at the Caracciola Karussell ("Carousel") at the Nürburgring?

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can purchase a sticker everywhere around the track. I prefer " zugang nordschleife" or " brünnchen"
Unfortunately nordschleife doesn't offer such a DVD. But you can drive in a ring taxi if you want to

Getapatalked

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is this what you did....Opening times Nordschleife*- Nürburgring

Did you get the sticker of the track for your vehicle? I cannot remember if it is there or at Spa where you can purchase a DVD of your on track fun. Those two tracks are on my "bucket list".
Yes, that's what I did. Basically drive up in whatever, buy a card and load it with laps and then just drive up to the gate and off you go. I bought a sticker. Haven't stuck it yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, that's what I did. Basically drive up in whatever, buy a card and load it with laps and then just drive up to the gate and off you go. I bought a sticker. Haven't stuck it yet.
You lucky dog! Driving on that track is definitely at the top of me "bucket list".

·
Registered
848 Posts
omg thank you for posting this lol. Found a photo of me at the ring. Didn't realize people did this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
mapco
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing