Ford Focus RS Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
The Shell seats come with their own brackets which are different from the RS1/RS2 seat brackets. The JCR brackets are designed to replace the brackets on the Euro Shell seats and DO NOT fit the RS1/RS2 seats.

In addition, Jonny from JCR could not confirm if the Euro Shell brackets are different from the brackets sold with the Recaro Sportster CS seats direct from Recaro. Even though the seats are the same, he seemed to think the brackets on the Euro Shells (the one he designed the JCR brackets to replace) were special from Ford and different from the generic Recaro brackets. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Is anyone aware of an OEM part for the buttons for non-heated seat equipped cars? I have an RS2 and am interested in installing the shell seats.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
There’s a nice set for sale on ebay uk for anyone with the budget available: fronts, rear and even seems to include the sliding armrest.

That’s if you like the blue trim on the fronts and can workout shipping with the seller.

·
Registered
219 Posts
There’s a nice set for sale on ebay uk for anyone with the budget available: fronts, rear and even seems to include the sliding armrest.

That’s if you like the blue trim on the fronts and can workout shipping with the seller.

So much want but with shipping to USA it will likely cost at least $4K for everything.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thats a great price for the full interior. Especially brand new. These seats normally go $5000 front, $1500 rear from recaro dealer in Europe. Dealer pricing is even higher. Id be all over these, if I didnt have them already. 2 non RS Recaro Sportster CS seats would be $3200. These bolt right in and are factory, along w the back seat. If you could get them for $4k shipped, id do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm about 5' 10", 38 waiste size. Can anyone comment on how the Sportster seats might fit me. Goal this year is to get back into shape and drop a couple pants sizes so I'm contemplating whether I should hold off on Sportsters for my RS until I can fit in them.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I'm about 5' 10", 38 waiste size. Can anyone comment on how the Sportster seats might fit me. Goal this year is to get back into shape and drop a couple pants sizes so I'm contemplating whether I should hold off on Sportsters for my RS until I can fit in them.
I'm a "husky" 5' 8" 230 lbs and I fit fine in it, so keep them fat pants! lol. Believe it or not, the sportsters actually have less aggressive side and thigh bolstering as the stock seats. I actually swapped back to stock for the track since I moved around in it too much.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
I love the bucket seat look on the Euro.

But having Recaro seats on my previous cars, I don't mind the OE seats for the USDM and if it has more bolster support than the Euro Even better.

The additional movement from the seat pan can be fix by clamps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a "husky" 5' 8" 230 lbs and I fit fine in it, so keep them fat pants! lol. Believe it or not, the sportsters actually have less aggressive side and thigh bolstering as the stock seats. I actually swapped back to stock for the track since I moved around in it too much.
Honestly thanks for that. Lol. That's good to hear about the bolsters though. I figured for me, the less aggressive bolsters would be more comfortable for daily driving. Especially since I plan to get the sportsters with the side airbag and heat.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts