Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I recently installed a used ETS catback on my RS. I am running into a few issues and was wondering if anyone else had these problems. I searched and did not find much on these issues.

First, I am getting an odd rattle noise only at certain RPMs and it is very intermittent. I got under the car and the only thing I could make the exhaust mid pipe contact was the driveshaft center bearing support in the middle of the care. I replaced the factory hanger for a poly hanger at that location and it still rattles occasionally. Getting under the car a second time, it was difficult to make the mid make touch the support bracket. I am wondering I all the hangers should be replaced or if there is a fix.

Second, I have a slight leak where the mid pipe connects to the small pipe coming from the DP. I tried and tried but could not seem to get the leak to go away. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Sorry for the newb-ish questions, this is my first time dealing with a cat back that had clamps, etc. Previous cars did not need them.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
503 Posts
the clap from DP to mid pipe is a one time use and needs to be replaced when you install a new exhaust.

Mountune sells stiffer hangers, that may resolve your issue.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the clap from DP to mid pipe is a one time use and needs to be replaced when you install a new exhaust.

Mountune sells stiffer hangers, that may resolve your issue.
Are you talking about the factory DP clamp or different one? ETS system has a small pipe that connects to the DP then connects to the long mid-pipe.

I did swap out one of the hangers for a stiffer one, I wonder if I should just do them all?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts