Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This time around, the focus RS will receive a built Engine from Esslinger Engineering in California that focus a lot on midget engines for midget cars or speedcars as they are called in Australia. Esslinger Engineering was bought by Bill Buckley from New Zealand some years ago. Buckley also appears to own BSL Racing Ltd and Speedway Racing Ltd.

It took longer than anticipated but at least I am getting a quality build this time around. I will post pics of engine build and later once i get it here in Mexico later in October i will post more pictures of the swap. I like the fact that they test the built engines on their engine dyno to check for leaks and to break-in the engine.

I am expecting 450 WHP anything over is a plus. Some might say a build engine was not needed, i say it depends how long you want it to last at those levels. I am limted by not having ethanol around. Just got 92 OCT and Methanol Injection.

The Engine:

✅ New 2 L Block with 2.3L Internals.
✅ New 2.3 L Cylinder Head.
✅ CNC ported head
✅ Esslinger Stg 3 cams, uppgraded valve springs, retainers, stronger stainless steel intake valves, and aftermarket Inconel exhaust valves.
✅ Billet long rods w/ CA625+ bolts
✅ Race Series Bearings.
✅ HD Esslinger spec JE Pistons
✅ CA625+ Head studs
✅ Pro Seal head gasket
✅ ARP main stud kit
✅ Torqueplate honed “TS” block
✅ Mountune baffled oilpan
✅ Keyed and balance crank shaft
✅ Balance Shaft Delete
✅ Radium Breather plate
✅ All clearences set to Esslinger Engineering specs
✅ New Timing Cover And Timing Components
✅ New Valvecover
✅ New Waterpump
✅ New Oilpump, Pick-up Tube
✅ Brisk Rr14s Sparkplugs
✅ New Oem Crank Sensor

Other Components:

✅ Radium Fuel filter kit
✅ Precision turbo kit
✅ Miltek downpip ( cat delete )
✅ Mountune V2x catback with Mountune hangers
✅ Xtreme twin disk - organic
✅ Mishimoto Oil cooler
✅ ETS Intake
✅ ETS Charge Pipes
✅ Quaife LSD
✅ Gear box with aftermarket carbon syncros and steel cage bearings from Jacks Transmission
✅ ETS intercooler
✅ Turbosmart BOV,
✅ Aquamist Methanol kit.
✅ Radium aux 4 port fuel rail
✅ UPR catch can
✅ Radium crancase catch can
✅ Mountune PTU bracket

Tune:

✅ Will get a custom Tune from Alex @ stratified

SO MUCH FOR A QUALITY BUILD FROM ESSLINGERACING.COM Surprised it even lasted 5,000 KM.

Click here to read ALL ABOUT their horrible engine build and support.

also read this post.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I forget, did you have your first engine built by mountune or just used a lot of their parts? I like what they've done and I was pretty sure I was gonna toss them my engine to upgrade along with the gearbox.

But damn... I can literally walk to Esslinger!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I forget, did you have your first engine built by mountune or just used a lot of their parts? I like what they've done and I was pretty sure I was gonna toss them my engine to upgrade along with the gearbox.

But damn... I can literally walk to Esslinger!
Mountune did NOT build it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: SenderPiggins

·
Registered
886 Posts
Esslinger is no joke , been doing small ford engines for decades. Baller company .

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First engine was built in México. i had purchased everything to use in my existing block. everything aftermarket, list is in old thread. They must have fu*ked up along the way and Blamed it on defective supertech valve and tendency of them to just break lol.

Anyway, I learned my lesson. Always pick a reputable shop with proven experience not just talk.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Properly done buy a bunch of ford nuts. I’m looking forward to this as they are closer to me than Mountune is. Having used them for previous builds for cam work and cam gears I have nothing but great experience with Esslinger.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I’m excited for you to receive the engine and get back on the road. It will feel great after the issues you had last time!

1 - 20 of 518 Posts