Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
thats what I expected. my st was getting 26 highway at 70mph . stage 3 panda tune

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Thought it was 32mpg on the highway 17-23 sounds like STi mpg

·
Registered
716 Posts
I find it hard to believe its only doing 23 highway. Most turbocharged engines do great at low rpm highway speeds, even if they are high output.

Audi S3 gets 31 highway, 23 city.
Golf R gets 30 highway, 23 city.
STi (with its super outdated non DI engine) get 23 highway, 17 city. I cant believe the RS matches that.

The city number sounds more realistic if anything.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Average about 30 for me at 70 in my stock ST. My guess is 28 average @ 70 for the RS.

This is where tuning is nice. I got 36 @ 70 with my 92 Eclipse GSX that ran 11.4 ET's.

·
Registered
561 Posts
23 is pretty bad for highway haha. I bested my fiesta estimates by a fairly large amount. Hopefully I can do it with this!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Driving that driveshaft, an extra 1" of wheel, .3L of displacement, and various drag shouldn't amount to 9 MPG loss.

I'm thinking it should be near the 2.3EB Stang, minus 2 mpg. The drivetrain loss should be between RWD and AWD, unless they changed the calibration and the RDU clutches don't disconnect now (highly doubtful)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Can you post a link to the post? I'm curious if they have any credible source. I just checked the EPA website fueleconomy.gov and Googled around for Focus RS EPA... there's nothing about the Focus RS gas mileage figures being released.

Definitely don't believe those numbers yet.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
23 highway is terrible.... Almost unacceptable for a 2016. I'm really hoping it matches the golf R. Considering the mustang ecoboost is 22/31 I can't imagine it not being within 1-3 mpg of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
Urban/extra urban for the STi on the Subaru UK website is 20/33 and 27 combined.

For the Focus RS the UK figures are 28/44 and 36 combined.

I know the tests are different, but it's highly unlikely that the EPA gets them identical while the UK says the Focus RS is *much* more efficient.

Just anti-RS propaganda... If you look around the ST forum there's more to be found.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Urban/extra urban for the STi on the Subaru UK website is 20/33 and 27 combined.

I know the tests are different, but it's highly unlikely that the EPA gets them identical while the UK says the Focus RS is *much* more efficient.

Just anti-RS propaganda... If you look around the ST forum there's more to be found.
That's some good investigative journalism right there! I won't believe these numbers until I can look them up from the EPA and see them for myself.

Remimds me of how everyone on NASIOC always ****s on STis. I don''t know why and I don't care. I bought what I wanted and I don't care what anyone else thinks about it. Unless they like it. Because that's okay.

Damn it, there is a thumbs up smiley in here somewhere...

·
Registered
716 Posts
I wouldnt worry people. There was one article that had these numbers today, but I think another had a much higher combination.

Just for fun I converted these numbers based on the UK RS numbers.

Come out to 23.8 city, 30.6 highway for the RS in the US.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think I found the "source" of those numbers.

"FUEL ECONOMY (C/D EST):

EPA city/highway driving: 17/23 mpg"

Good old C&D... Probably just took STi type numbers due to the displacement.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I found the "source" of those numbers.

"FUEL ECONOMY (C/D EST):

EPA city/highway driving: 17/23 mpg"

Good old C&D... Probably just took STi type numbers due to the displacement.
Not from EPA!

You are correct, all the other reviews agree with the original estimate of 21 city and 29 highway

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
354 Posts
So, correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but this site says "An official combined economy figure of 36.7mpg is around 3mpg behind the VW Golf R and Mercedes-AMG A 45, but is slightly ahead of the Audi RS3"

The site is here: Ford Focus RS hatchback review | Auto Express

That seems like a pretty official source. Unless "mpg" means something different in the UK than it does here in the US, it sounds like the combined mpg will be 36.7. That's pretty unbelievable so please correct me if I'm missing something.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
23 Participants
WVRS
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing