Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

So I got in contact with my local dealer. They said they are getting 6. I was already taken. They said it was a 1K deposit and a small visit to the dealer to get everything set. But, I am not planning on making a deposit until early December. Do you think I will be able to reserve a RS by then? Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey All,

So I got in contact with my local dealer. They said they are getting 6. I was already taken. They said it was a 1K deposit and a small visit to the dealer to get everything set. But, I am not planning on making a deposit until early December. Do you think I will be able to reserve a RS by then? Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks
I think the longer you wait the car will be more expensive and harder to find. While my wife scoffed at placing a deposit down on a car 6 months before delivery I knew that if I waited much longer it would be priced outside of where I could pay. GET IT NOW!!! think about it, the general public really aren't even aware of this car, imagine demand once the car is as commonly known as the WRX STI...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Deposits are refundable. Not sure why you would wait.
Until you read the fine print and it says they reserve the right to withhold up to 25% of the initial deposit if you change your mind and not the dealership's fault..

For me - for any car purchase process, there should be some type of negotiation, in the customer's advantage. MSRP is SUGGESTED price, not "set in stone" price.

If you have the cash, put it to good use and reserve it - but make sure you don't play their charlatan games!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dealer I went with took my deposit, but insisted that they would not cash it. It was simply to ensure that when the car comes in, that I would buy it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts