Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, first time posting, I am new to the RS world, having purchased my 2017 Focus RS in May this year. I live in Australia and have been searching everywhere for a new wheel set up as I am not a huge fan of the OEM wheels. I have been in contact with Enkei about doing a 1 off run of their TS5, they have the standard size of 18 x 8.5 +40, however I was hoping for something a little wider and more aggressive. Unfortunately they have a minimum run size which is 10 sets. Just putting the feelers out to see if anyone else would be interested.

Thanks for your time :)

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
i'm interested. as long as they're under 19 lbs. i like the bronze look.
maybe a little lower offset...like 40?
45 has the wheel really close to the struts.
or maybe go with a 9.0 wheel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey mate, nah they come in at 21Lbs. Unfortunately the only other size they make in the 9.5 is a +38 offset. They do make an 8.5 at a +38 offset as well.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
hey mate, nah they come in at 21Lbs. Unfortunately the only other size they make in the 9.5 is a +38 offset. They do make an 8.5 at a +38 offset as well.
have you looked into the rpf1's?
oakos has them 18x9x35. 18.4 lbs
only draw back is a 3mm spacer is needed to clear the wheel balance weights from the brake caliper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was looking at the RPF1's as well, I had them on a previous car in the SBC colour and loved them, however there are no places in Australia that sell them, and I have only been able to find them in Black :( I like the Bronze on these too, however 'Oakos' only ships within the USA :(

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Yeah I was looking at the RPF1's as well, I had them on a previous car in the SBC colour and loved them, however there are no places in Australia that sell them, and I have only been able to find them in Black :( I like the Bronze on these too, however 'Oakos' only ships within the USA :(
so maybe you can ship them to a cargo company in the US...that you hire to ship to you down under?
can go air or water. lots of options out there.
bugger will be the import tax.
or if you know any US military folk there...they can order for you. import tax free.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
And spacers are illegal here also....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good discussion bc I find it extremely hard to find Style, Color, Size, Weight, Width, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Rubbing etc omg to all work out for the RS. In general, 15mm out from the OE wheel is max without camber adjustment front and rear and the is about 12mm safely on the inside so that's a little more than an inch to play with easily. Then there is tire diameter and width. Will They Fit site is great at estimating but you need too do you own homework to check it out. I've been comparing others wheel combos for months now and have my calculations down to approx this: 18x9 et +48
But I've seen no commercial wheel at that spec.

The 18x9.5 et +38 pokes out about 16mm more than my example and 4mm inside but guys run them.....

I've basically resigned myself to have to order them custom. Enkei does this as mentioned above???

Check out BC Forged Wheel site for style that can be ordered anyway you want but art a cost of $3250 USD and up. If I can get exactly what I want then I'll do it but need to save up that money for that, the tires, TPMS units, mounting etc.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have the Enkei rpf1s 18x9 et35 and I have no issues and don't use spacers.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I've been pretty happy with my konig hypergrams..18/8.5..43 offset..17.8lbs..and very reasonably priced.
I run 255 tires on em. the below pic is with 255/40...all seasons.
18x9 would be perfect...but nothing out there that I want, other than the rpf1s.

·
Registered
149 Posts
fbaltona - How do those RPF1's fit?? They are 28mm further out than stock. I've seen that 15mm spacers on stock rims are the farthest out you can go. Do you run camber pates and arms on you car?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the Enkei rpf1s 18x9 et35 and I have no issues and don't use spacers.

I would love to know if these would clear my rotora brakes. I have to run a 15mm spacer to clear with the stock forged rims. Can you send me some photos by chance?

·
Registered
436 Posts
so no issue with weight balancers? did you relocate them in the wheel?
I didn't. You made me think about it now. I will need to check as I had new tyres fitted and balanced. I don't daily them. Better check before track day in a few weeks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
fbaltona - How do those RPF1's fit?? They are 28mm further out than stock. I've seen that 15mm spacers on stock rims are the farthest out you can go. Do you run camber pates and arms on you car?
Well I normally run enkei NT03.
No spacers.
I have coilovers with front camber plates. So have rear camber and toe arms. Sits great.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks great! So yes with all the fixin's to make them fit. What tire is that on the RPFs, 265? Also what hood vents are those and the rear wing extension. Camber specs too? All good man!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Looks great! So yes with all the fixin's to make them fit. What tire is that on the RPFs, 265? Also what hood vents are those and the rear wing extension. Camber specs too? All good man!
Thanks
They are nitto nt05 255/35. The 265/35 are on the nt03 wheels.
The hood vents are from a Roush mustang.
I believe the camber specs are -2.8 fronts and -2 rears.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Thanks
They are nitto nt05 255/35. The 265/35 are on the nt03 wheels.
The hood vents are from a Roush mustang.
I believe the camber specs are -2.8 fronts and -2 rears.

both sets look amazing. especially the nt03s with the meatier tires.

·
Registered
2018 NB RS
7 Posts
so no issue with weight balancers? did you relocate them in the wheel?
I believe 3mm spacers were needed to clear the caliper when the wheel flexes under track abuse. At least that's what Oakos posted on their original thread.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts