Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we know the RS has the same basic engine as the EB Mustang, with the exception of some parts that have been upgraded, such as the turbo. If we take a look at the EB mustangs that have been modded, how accurate do you think they show the potential of the RS?

Take a look at these two videos below showing modded EBM's on the dyno and the numbers they produce.

Intake + TBE + 91oct Cobb stage 2 tune
284whp/383tq

Intake + TBE + Charge pipes + Larger FMIC + E30 blend
367whp/460tq (I question these numbers, as there is no dyno sheet)

The second videos numbers can be questionable, as no dyno sheet is showed and the numbers are very high, but its also on E30, and we know what a blend can do to a turbo platform. If we just take the first video, and count out the validity of the second video, I would think that the RS could put down 300whp and 400TQ on a 93 tune alone, and well over that with E30/E85. Thoughts?

·
Registered
215 Posts
It should be around 300WHP (if not higher) stock. So I'd hope a tune would give it at least 300. >_>

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I would certainly hope the RS put 300+ on any dyno on any day. My little st put down 297 whp on a mustang dyno running stock turbo. Delete you balance shafts guys. Cheapest hp you can buy.

·
Super Moderator
15,516 Posts
Whatever you do, don't run Regular fuel in the 2.3 The powerband suffers badly. Good to see advances in the Mustang EB platform. Can't wait to see what further the FoRS can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
Ford site lists the RS as 91 or greater anyway. Not going to be any 87 option for less power like the ST it seems. Who would want to anyway?

·
Super Moderator
15,516 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Very nice. Now we need to see how much power the AWD system will hold and still remain balanced and fun.

Jim

·
Registered
965 Posts
That is one badass short block. Has any one seen any thing from that blow hard Bisimoto, suppose to have a 900hp Ecoboost Mustang? Did he even finish his car? (SEMA 2015)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts