Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored the other day and put together a Google sheet that can calculate your speed in any gear at any RPM.

Its view only right now, so if you want to change any settings you'll need to make a copy of the Google Sheet, or download it in your format of choice. So how does it work?

In the upper left there are two drop downs, you can click the drop down and select your transmission of choice, from there you can also select a final drive ratio. You can also plug in your Tire size specs so it can calculate the distance per revolution of the tire.

These two fields use a Data Validation table on the 2nd tab. And the Gear Ratio's displayed in A3-G3 use a Vlookup reference so you can change them on the fly with just a simple click. Then each of the cells below for each gear reference the tire size calculation and calculate the MPH at every 100rpm increment.

For the ST/RS pick the Getrag Focus ST/RS transmission from the drop down, and an axle ratio of 4.06. Even though its a dual mainshaft transmission I've calculated out the gear ratios as if it were a single mainshaft.

I've also got the Fiesta ST's ratios in there, and that has a 3.82 final drive.

The rest of the options are populated with F-body specific stuff because I also built this for the F-body peeps.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thank you @thirdgen89gta , very cool.

I did a metric conversion based on this chart since I don't understand freedom units. If anyone wants a metric version, check it out and let me know if there are mistakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts