Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long before the clones arrive.Just about every car show I go to some one will get down and look for a rear pumpkin not realizing that there were 4501 produced as FWD. This car is not 3-1/2" wider than a non RS less cost.
Did I read some ware that this RS model has the least amount of changed parts of any RS of recent?

·
Registered
100 Posts
well that statement is about not as much has been changed, can't be answered till we get a parts list and a car to examing. Total conjecture.

But Cloning just the looks will be easy.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Why not, it's a great look with a lot of function to it as well? The real RS will show its mettle in the twisties, even against a reasonably modded ST.

Jim

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is that the ST tangerine scream color? Not a big fan of it on the ST. But i do have to say that ST looks sharp with RS bits on it in that color.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
I always crack up reading comments on other automotive sites where all these dudebros complain about the price of the RS and claim they can turn an ST into an RS with less than 10k in mods. Like yeah bro, you're just gonna order up an aftermarket AWD system and snap it right under the chassis AND figure out how to erk 350HP/TRQ from the ST's 2.0L all for around 5 grand. That so cute! Let me know how that whole process works out for you......

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Like yeah bro, you're just gonna order up an aftermarket AWD system and snap it right under the chassis AND figure out how to erk 350HP/TRQ from the ST's 2.0L all for around 5 grand...
And when they do they find out why Ford put a whole bunch of structural reinforcement at the rear of the body to keep that power from twisting the body up. They may end up with a car that drives like one of those little dogs that runs a bit diagonal :)

Jim

·
Registered
237 Posts
Why so much hate on the ST? One problem I have with buying the RS is I'll have to dump money into it to make it even close to as fast as my ST. I will mod the hell out of it but I have to start over. The only advantage the RS will have over my ST is a dig. Back to the original post they will copy them as soon as the parts are available that's a given. Do I agree with cloning ? No it's a ricer thing in my book.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Why so much hate on the ST? One problem I have with buying the RS is I'll have to dump money into it to make it even close to as fast as my ST. I will mod the hell out of it but I have to start over. The only advantage the RS will have over my ST is a dig. Back to the original post they will copy them as soon as the parts are available that's a given. Do I agree with cloning ? No it's a ricer thing in my book.
Because I'm a car elitist. If I buy a car, the fact that few others will have it is a big consideration. I don't care if someone's ST is faster, because it will never hold its value and will never be close to being as cool as the real thing. That's why I've had an S60R, a Mk4 R32, and an E39 M5. Sure, you can make a plain S60 faster (and more reliable), the R32's VR6 wasn't all that powerful, and the 540i sport has a more reliable engine, but people that know cars always respect the real thing so much more.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Because I'm a car elitist. If I buy a car, the fact that few others will have it is a big consideration. I don't care if someone's ST is faster, because it will never hold its value and will never be close to being as cool as the real thing. That's why I've had an S60R, a Mk4 R32, and an E39 M5. Sure, you can make a plain S60 faster (and more reliable), the R32's VR6 wasn't all that powerful, and the 540i sport has a more reliable engine, but people that know cars always respect the real thing so much more.
I agree I in no way condone making a car look like another but to put down a car that's cheaper even though it could wipe it's ass with your 40k car is a little douchey you think?

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
Interesting......imitation is one of the biggest forms of flattery.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Why so much hate on the ST?
I re-read the thread and didn't detect any ST hate. I detected some dislike for clones but not even hate for them.

The other advantage the RS will have over the ST is the active handling which I suspect will make it faster on the road track/AutoX than even a highly modded ST.

Apples to oranges. Doesn't mean I don't like oranges.

Jim

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
20 Participants
motogp69
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing