Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Conversation I had moments ago with my dealer:

My dealership here on the East Coast informed me that they meet with the regional rep who advised them that they would be receiving one (1) Focus RS. The sales manager went on to tell me that here in the North East there will be approximatly 120 RSs delivered and that if any dealer tells you that they will have more than one, they are not being honest.

He went on to say that with the car being so rare, they are treating it like a Shelby and expect to tack on an additional dealer markup of around 5K.

I told him I'm not a buyer at anything above MSRP and we went on to have a conversation about year two availability. He noted the build to order in year two will make the RS more available.

I'm fact checking this with another local dealer but I fear that this will be confirmed as this dealer has no reason to lie to me. The sales manager seemed as shocked as I was.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've had several GM's and Sales Mgr's tell me things that I KNOW are untrue, but they preach like it's gospel.

Although I know that "competitive car sales of STI, Evo, Golf R" in your area is also a factor in determining who get's how many cars allocated, I'm just not buyin' that. Seems impossible. I think it's just more hype to justify sodomising customers with their damn ADM's. I've never seen a more phuqued up car roll out than this. Really strange, and maddening.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I called several ford dealers today to find out about ordering and placing a deposit. Either the dealers were not getting any and the few that said they were claimed just one. I was also informed they would not order one with the options of my choosing and they would call me when the one they ordered comes in....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Conversation I had moments ago with my dealer:

My dealership here on the East Coast informed me that they meet with the regional rep who advised them that they would be receiving one (1) Focus RS. The sales manager went on to tell me that here in the North East there will be approximatly 120 RSs delivered and that if any dealer tells you that they will have more than one, they are not being honest.

He went on to say that with the car being so rare, they are treating it like a Shelby and expect to tack on an additional dealer markup of around 5K.

I told him I'm not a buyer at anything above MSRP and we went on to have a conversation about year two availability. He noted the build to order in year two will make the RS more available.

I'm fact checking this with another local dealer but I fear that this will be confirmed as this dealer has no reason to lie to me. The sales manager seemed as shocked as I was.
Man that sucks. As much as you've done to get the word out about this car to the rest of us in RSNAtion, you really deserve to get a 16 model.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had several GM's and Sales Mgr's tell me things that I KNOW are untrue, but they preach like it's gospel.

Although I know that "competitive car sales of STI, Evo, Golf R" in your area is also a factor in determining who get's how many cars allocated, I'm just not buyin' that. Seems impossible. I think it's just more hype to justify sodomising customers with their damn ADM's. I've never seen a more phuqued up car roll out than this. Really strange, and maddening.
It is in fact based on ST sales and sales of compete tots cars in a given area

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 per dealer is not true. You recieved some smoke on your taint!

And you know this how? Asking because in this case my cousin owns the dealership and the sales manager is aware of this and that I will be speaking to my cousin.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
And you know this how? Asking because in this case my cousin owns the dealership and the sales manager is aware of this and that I will be speaking to my cousin.
My family has a dealership and we are getting two, and we are small. I know for a fact that the largest US dealer is getting 12.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My family has a dealership and we are getting two, and we are small. I know for a fact that the largest US dealer is getting 12.
The largest dealer would be expected to have more to sell based on the formula for distribution.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
The largest dealer would be expected to have more to sell based on the formula for distribution.
Well we are in CT and are getting 2 so I know you have some inaccurate information

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ok you got me, who's the largest US dealer?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I know for a fact that the largest US dealer is getting 12.
Wow, that's the largest number I've heard for anyone, most people are saying it's capped at 6 max per dealer, and many will get 0 or 1 if they are smaller. Where did you find out that fact, please?

Jim

·
Registered
892 Posts
Wow, that's the largest number I've heard for anyone, most people are saying it's capped at 6 max per dealer, and many will get 0 or 1 if they are smaller. Where did you find out that fact, please?

Jim
My dealership (Suburban Ford of Sterling Heights) told me they were getting 15 in (of which I was the second locked in order). Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor told me they were getting 10. They are both pretty high up on the sales volume numbers, so it seems feasible to me.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
My dealership (Suburban Ford of Sterling Heights) told me they were getting 15 in (of which I was the second locked in order). Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor told me they were getting 10. They are both pretty high up on the sales volume numbers, so it seems feasible to me.
With 3k US dealers, i wouldnt be surprised if the number approaches 8-10k

·
Registered
386 Posts
I don't expect them to have more then 8-10 cars to be honest. And I'm pretty sure they only took deposit for 8 ppl since they didn't want to take deposit before as they didn't know how many cars will they be getting. And this is coming from a owner's daughter who I have been working with. Either way they took my deposit few days back. We will see what will come out of it.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Because I know a bunch of MD dealers that are getting more than 1, let alone out of state dealers

1 - 20 of 97 Posts