Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased the Tune+ 400 kit and look forward to going e30 in the next couple weeks.

To those who have ran e30 long term.. how often are you guys changing your oil? I know when I had my BRZ on e85 I was changing it very often, something like every 2-3k miles but I’m assuming I wouldn’t need to as frequently on e30?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Funny enough, I too have run E85 on my BRZ (boy do I miss having flexfuel) and have done the same oil change cycle, but it was more determined by the track driving (change oil every 3-4 trackdays, which come out to around 3k-5k mi). For what it's worth, I also did a couple of blackstone oil analysis and they did not find anything bad and recommended the regular gasoline interval.

For the RS, I'm actually sticking with the same cycle (although I'm doing fewer trackdays a year now #dadlyfe) which is closer to 5k-6k mi. I would note that I'm also not running E30 most of the time (only during the summers, for trackdays or when I'm feeling frisky). I'm not as worried since its not straight E85, so the chances of it gumming anything up is much smaller/will take longer. I would also mention that when I did my head gasket recall a while back, that the tech asked me if I was running E30 (which I was) and that he can tell since he noticed some soot/residue on my valves. I'm guessing this has something to do with the lack of port injection (vs the 86, which had both direct and port injection, which cleaned the back of the valves).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm alright, I haven’t ran e30 yet but based off what I’ve read about how much better it is and how close e85 is near me, it’s hard to believe that I won’t be running it 90% of the time. I’ll probably shoot for every 3-4K miles?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts